Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Final Checklist Help
benlg924

posted on 17/3/09 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Final Checklist Help

Hi All

almost there with my bike carb conversion on my 924 and want to get it booked into the garage for rolling road and final set up at end of month.

So far i got:

Carbs (cbr900)
Fuel Pump (cbr900)
maifold made
silcone joiners + Jubilie clips
air box and element (cbr900)

so from what i can gather i still need to get:

Accelerator cable (2-3m?)
Choke Cable and Pull (locking or not?)
Rubber fuel pump mounts
17mm transaxle plugs to fill injector holes in head

am i missing anything off this list so i can make sure i am ready for the end of the month.

all help would be great

Cheers

Ben

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/3/09 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
antifreeze?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 17/3/09 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Just doing similar myself. I'd say dont worry about the choke cable. I found a bicycle brake cable fitted perfectly to the accelerator linkage on the GSXR600 carbs i am fitting myself so worth looking for a rear brake cable (or seperate inner / outer). Do you have the original pump mounting rubber at all? I am using a Yamaha Fazer one and made a simple bracket for it - will go take a pic as i am just about to spray it black

benlg924

posted on 17/3/09 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
will the choke not help with cold starting? itr is going to be my daily so will need it to start in winter ect.

the accelerator cable i found has the solderless nipple for full adjusting and fitting so could be a winner.

not sure on fuel pump it is in the box in the garage still although the ruber mounts only a few poundss with earth strap.

is there anythin else i need to get?

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 17/3/09 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Here's the Fazer pump anyway - just a live and earth to connect up. Most pumps are very similar. We chopped off the rubber mounting where the cacky old filter was to the right hand side but have a seperate one between fuel tank and pump.

The choke may help in the winter but may save you some time before rolling road by leaving it till afterwards

benlg924

posted on 17/3/09 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
found an image on another forum i posted, here is the pump

also there are two wires coming from the pump one green one blue any ideas which is which? or best place to wire them to?

Cheers

Ben

benlg924

posted on 18/3/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
just ordered

choke cable
accelerator cable
fuel pump mounts

how much fuel pipe is needed and what sort of size is best to buy?

cheers

Ben

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.