Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel pipe and filler cap legalities?
The Simmonds

posted on 20/3/09 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel pipe and filler cap legalities?

Hi there,

Just about to sort out a few issues regarding my fuel line so that its legal for the test coming up.

I just have a couple of questions:

I have just bought the proper certified rubber fuel line for use where flexible connection is neccessary but currently copper pipe is fitted for the long, straight sections. Is copper pipe legal for a fuel line? If so, I'll use that for the straight section and rubber stuff for the flexible bits.

Secondly, is this filler cap legal? (dont worry about the white connecting pipe, I'm gonna make a proper job of it with aluminium)

Many thanks,

Matt Rescued attachment filler cap 1.JPG
Rescued attachment filler cap 1.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
The Simmonds

posted on 20/3/09 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
filler cap 2 Rescued attachment filler cap 2.JPG
Rescued attachment filler cap 2.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 20/3/09 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
I understood that the 'Monza' filler cap was now illegal because it protrudes from the bodywoek
blakep82

posted on 20/3/09 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
^ i thought so too, sharp edges etc

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Dangle_kt

posted on 20/3/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
if you are after a cheap alternative, search for a DECK FILLER.

They are made for boats, and you can get them locking and non locking.

I went for non locking, and found one for £17 on ebay brand new - marked as FUEL, in chrome.

I haven't passed the SVA with mine yet, but I'm confident its legal based on others who have passed with non locking items.

like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WASTE-38MM-DECK-FILLER-FOR-INTERNAL-TANK-BOAT_W0QQitemZ140201383996QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Access ories_SM?hash=item140201383996&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

just check you have the right ID fuel pipe to match, mine was 50mm which limted my choice.

[Edited on 20/3/09 by Dangle_kt]

The Simmonds

posted on 20/3/09 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
ok thanks guys, is it legal to use copper pipe for the fuel?

Thanks,

Matt

robinj66

posted on 20/3/09 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
I had no problems with copper fuel pipes on mine

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.