Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do indicators need to be self canceling?
The Simmonds

posted on 28/3/09 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Do indicators need to be self canceling?

Hi,

Just changed my steering wheel to get through sva and that now means that my indicators wont be self canceling for the test. That doesnt matter though does it?

Thanks,

Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 28/3/09 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
Nope

blakep82

posted on 28/3/09 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
i hope not, coz mine are just on a toggle switch!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

The Simmonds

posted on 28/3/09 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
cool, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for that

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 28/3/09 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Has anyone done anything clever electronically (and locost) to put them on a timer to enable momentary switches to be used on the steering wheel??

omega0684

posted on 28/3/09 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
nope mine dont
MakeEverything

posted on 28/3/09 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Has anyone done anything clever electronically (and locost) to put them on a timer to enable momentary switches to be used on the steering wheel??

I was thinking of putting something along the lines of a momentary switch and electronic latching relay. "Make to Make then Make to Break" but im not sure if i can be arsed!

I might still put toggles on the dash which is simple and quick.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

FEZ1025

posted on 28/3/09 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Short answer no, they don't need to self cancel, I'm sure someone put a up a post a couple of weeks ago about self cancelling indicators, but I think it was very expensive.

As a complete aside I once had a Yamaha RD250 which had self cancelling indicators fitted, could never work them out. You put one on & it wasn't on a timer, you could sit at a junction of several minutes & they stayed on, but as soon as you made the turn they went off, whether there was some tilt sensor built in I don't know.

Alan...

YQUSTA

posted on 28/3/09 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
You could use some thing like this as a timer but it would not be a perfect solution just an incase you forgot type thing.
jacko

posted on 28/3/09 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Some of the old coaches and buses use to have self canceling switches it was just a knob you twisted one way or the other and it would switch the lights of after a few seconds
Jacko

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.