Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: @#*& ing Homebase!
Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/4/09 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
@#*& ing Homebase!

Ordered a kitchen from Homebase about 12 weeks ago! was told that it might take up to 6 weeks for delivery. Fine I thought, it usually only takes 2-3 weeks.

4 weeks went by, thought i'd ring and check, was told that it would closer to the 6 week period. fine, that's ok.

8 weeks went by, wtf's going on. Ring th delivery people, where's my kitchen? oh we have no record of the kitchen. Have to ring Homebase store. Pissed off now, ring homebase store, after 2 days they find it and I get my delivery date. Which was today. 6th.

My wifes waiting in for it. Nothing. She rings up, oh we have no record of it madam. She goes ballistic at them, have to ring homebase store again. Rings homebase store, gave some excuse about postcode being wrong... they didn't put a space between the numbers in our postcode, so the idiots at the warehouse couldn't find the address. What a joke!

Now we are given a date of the 22nd april. So wifey goes ballistic at them again. Rings customer service tells them she wants her kitchen this week or else. So far we have no kitchen, half a ripped out kitchen. new cooker sat in the living room. Still with a delivery date of 22nd. I'm so angry and can't cancel cos we'll be back to square one.

F***ing HOMEBASE

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

omega0684

posted on 6/4/09 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
haven't B&Q got a 4 day sale on at the moment, cancel your order and take you money else where!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jabbahutt

posted on 6/4/09 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
bet theres plenty of places that would take your arm off, offer you a great deal and literally carry it to your house in this current financial climate.

nothing to lose if they say you can't have it until the 22nd. Have a shop round.

Jon Ison

posted on 6/4/09 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
There delivery is just as bad, these companies love to bank your money then place an order.

Had a guy here yesterday been waiting 4 weeks for a cooker hood from B&Q, sold him same one for less along with a hob for 1/2 B&Q price

Its like Tescos, drag you in with loss leaders then everything else you chuck in basket you can get for much less locally, fresh fruit and veg for example ?

Give your local buisiness's a try, that way you see a face.

chrisg

posted on 6/4/09 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
There delivery is just as bad, these companies love to bank your money then place an order.

Had a guy here yesterday been waiting 4 weeks for a cooker hood from B&Q, sold him same one for less along with a hob for 1/2 B&Q price

Its like Tescos, drag you in with loss leaders then everything else you chuck in basket you can get for much less locally, fresh fruit and veg for example ?

The trouble is that it's yours!

(sorry mate, you set me up for that one)

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 6/4/09 by chrisg]

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

nick205

posted on 6/4/09 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Haven't shopped at Homebase for years - I'd rather set fire to my money. Products are generally sub-standard and over priced and the staff either don't have a clue or don't give a t055.
Jon Ison

posted on 6/4/09 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison

The trouble is that it's yours!

(sorry mate, you set me up for that one)

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 6/4/09 by chrisg]

rofl

Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/4/09 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone know any good kitchen suppliers

B&Q are probably just as bad as homebase.

Need to find someone local to spend my £2500 !!!

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

andyharding

posted on 6/4/09 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
I got a hand made kitchen from my local kitchen place made in 2 weeks and they matched B and Q s price. I'd go elsewhere and also take HB to small claims but that's just me.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

aerosam

posted on 6/4/09 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
have you paid for it yet? Even a deposit? If so I would go down to the store, demand to speak with the duty manager and demand your money back.

That usually gets them moving.

How about demanding free fitting?

Had enough of this dictatorship known as LCB. Gone elsewhere, not coming back. Kiss my ass ChrisW.

DarrenW

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
My kitchens are always in stock, immediate delivery, rigid carcass, huge range, good quality and better price that any of the usuals. Unfortunately trade only.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Darren.... Any chance you could sign me up for trade? Any brochures?

Fitting kitchen myself so it is free fitting

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, paid in full... but on a homebase credit card at 0% interest...

quote:
Originally posted by aerosam
have you paid for it yet? Even a deposit? If so I would go down to the store, demand to speak with the duty manager and demand your money back.

That usually gets them moving.

How about demanding free fitting?

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

Moorron

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
i bought a bathroom from them which was a good price, but you had to pay extra for the bath end panel and ordered this the same day. I got the bathroom fine but waited weeks for the end panel and even stood at the tills after being told it was ready for pickup for 2 hours shile the guy looked for it.

He told me he had one in but it was for someone else. I made sure he gave it me in the end. Soon afterwards i wanted a kitchen and went locally which was really good and stress free, was better quality but did cost more. Never bought any large stuff in those supermarkets places since.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

Guinness

posted on 6/4/09 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Ben, a mate of mine had similar problems with them last year.

I have a Howden's trade account. Ordered a kitchen on Thursday, delivered on Friday, installed on Saturday, plumbed in on Sunday, electricians wired it today.

I'd cancel the kitchen and take my money elsewhere.

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.