Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gsxr Throttle bodies K5/6
wam builder

posted on 14/4/09 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
Gsxr Throttle bodies K5/6

Still need these throttle bodies for current build. Does anyone think that possibly a set of bodies from a Busa would do the job on some homebrew inlet tracts? Cant seem to get any joy locating a replacement set but, have plenty from various goes at launching busas.
stevebubs

posted on 14/4/09 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
should be ok.

Either that or gsxr1000bodies....

[Edited on 14/4/09 by stevebubs]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 15/4/09 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
..not forgetting that the GSXR750 bodies are virtually identical too (as little as makes no difference). Nothing wrong with the K1-4 either (single-twin injectors), they're all beautiful creations.
James

posted on 15/4/09 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Might the Busa ones not be a little over large? Depends on your engine size though.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

wam builder

posted on 16/4/09 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Throttle bodies

Having looked at the Gsxr 1000 TBS just prior to leaving the garage I discovered that they are fitted with two sets of injectors, one on either end of the inlet tract unlike the Busa, however they appear to be the same diameter. I have persuaded my younger brother to allow me to interview his K6 Gsxr 750 bike tomorrow, all in the interest of beccing. I fear this will be a short and very much not a touchy feely interview as he knows what happens to bikes when left unsupervised in my care.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.