Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Telewest set top box doing funny things
smart51

posted on 17/4/09 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Telewest set top box doing funny things

It seems to be stuck in a programming cycle where it says "Pdld" then swaps between "LAit" and "EAAS" then count upto about 4000 before starting all over again repeatedly. If the TV is on, the picture is please wait, before switching to the TV briefly then starting again. If you're trying to watch a DVD it takes control of the picture every 2 mintues.

Telewest / Virgin media say they can get to us on Monday afternoon, which is just great. Has anyone on here had this problem. Is there a way I can fix the box myself.

BenB

posted on 17/4/09 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
when my telewest box went nuts they said it was a problem updating itself they said to leave it switched off (at the plug) for 12 hours then switch it on again. Did the job for me.
aaron bassett

posted on 17/4/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
the problem is the flash chips have become corropet or has a bad connection on the board they are 48 pin chips if you have a paint stripper just blast over the chip to reflow the solder under the chip 9 times out of 10 this work falling that phone telewest
aaron bassett

posted on 17/4/09 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
"Pdld" "LAit" and "EAAS" is telewest trying to update the chip
ashg

posted on 17/4/09 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
go to the shed find the biggest hammer you have and ill leave you work out the rest

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

macspeedy

posted on 17/4/09 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
It seems to be stuck in a programming cycle where it says "Pdld" then swaps between "LAit" and "EAAS" then count upto about 4000 before starting all over again repeatedly. If the TV is on, the picture is please wait, before switching to the TV briefly then starting again. If you're trying to watch a DVD it takes control of the picture every 2 mintues.

Telewest / Virgin media say they can get to us on Monday afternoon, which is just great. Has anyone on here had this problem. Is there a way I can fix the box myself.

HAVE TO TALK TO A MAN IN THE KNOW

smart51

posted on 18/4/09 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
I took the smart card out of the box this morning. There's a very charred square where the chip is. I guess its fried then.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.