Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Driftday and car control at Oulton May 9th
Steve PH

posted on 20/4/09 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
Driftday and car control at Oulton May 9th

Just a quick note to invite all Locosters along to our club driftday at Oulton next month. It's run on the two drift stages on the infield, they are surfaced with low friction tarmac which is perfect for practising how to control your car as it runs out of grip - it's also a great fun day out and doesn't kill your tyres!

Some photos from our last day there...........

Cost for the day is £140 but Locostbuilders members can get the club rate of £120. This includes the full day drifting and free instruction. Don't worry if you haven't tried anything like this before, you'll soon get the hang of it and it's probably the most fun you'll have in the car all year!

Shout up if you'd like to come and I'll send you booking details and a discount code

Steve H
Trackaction-Online

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
asl

posted on 20/4/09 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve. Any noise restrictions?
Steve PH

posted on 20/4/09 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
Officially it's the same 105db that Oulton sticks to for trackdays (3/4 revs static) although this is our 4th day there on the drift courses and we never been checked so far..................
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AndyGT

posted on 20/4/09 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Not wishing to Hijack this thread but a lot of car clubs in the UK run auto-testing stages which is pretty much like the drift days but with Rolex precission. Its against the clock and the idea is to go as quick as possible around the cones. It is often run on large car parks reserved for the occassion. Quite often the best driver car combination wins rather than those with the deepest pockets!

The BIG advantages are that there are no noise restrictions, cars are seperated into class and overall classifications and it usually cost less than 30 quid for the day of about 18 or 20 "tests". Be warned, this DOES ruin your tyres. Last time I did this I got 6 miles from a brand new set of tyres to seeing the thread!! But it is the best fun you can have on four wheels... ....well nearly!!!

GBaggott

posted on 20/4/09 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
If the car is ready with the new engine ill be there. Ive been on a couple of the caterham drift days and loved it, makes me want to try it in my own car.

The problem with the auto tests for me is that i have no reverse and a lack of skill.

Steve PH

posted on 20/4/09 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi fellas

I'll U2U the booking details to GB

Andy, the driftcourses at Oulton aren't like a normal drift or autotest setup, they look more like sprint courses or hillclimbs but with the low friction tarmac. The corners are mostly designed to sequence into each other so as your skills improve through the day you can start to link one drift into another. The other difference is that it's a very laid back day, the idea is to have fun and get the biggest slides etc rather than trying to beat the clock.

In terms of tyre wear, you might get as many as 60+ runs at the stages over the day but expect less than 1mm off your tread in total - it's had to believe till you do it but that's how gentle the surface is on the tyres!

Steve H

clairetoo

posted on 21/4/09 at 05:56 AM Reply With Quote
I wish there was some way I could afford to do this
But tax/MOT/insurance are all due............

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.