Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: There's something funny going on in my garage
aerosam

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
There's something funny going on in my garage

Every time I put a tool down - it vanishes!

It doesn't seem to matter if it's a socket,a spanner or even an angle grinder, i use it, put it down, then amoment later it's gone! I then spend the next 5 minutes looking for it only to find it's quietly sneaked back to wherever I left it.

Is this just happening to me, or does anyone else experience this bizzare phenomenon?

Had enough of this dictatorship known as LCB. Gone elsewhere, not coming back. Kiss my ass ChrisW.

afj

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
happens to me

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

owelly

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
It's well known throughout the world. It happens everytime I'm rushing to do something.
I think it's called "forfoxsake".......

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Yup..... used to get it all the time.... reaally frustrating and means every job takes twice as long...

I invested in some good tool racks/cabinates and pegs..

Now every tool has a home.....I try and put back tools as soon as I have finished with them and at the end of every session make sure every tool is back in its rightful place....that way you can instill some discipline in the annoying little buggers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Wheels244

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Tool blindness !

It affects us all eventually

bilbo

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
I too suffer from this strange phenomena.
I reckon it must be some sort of tear in the space-time continuum (aka swirly thing alert) through which the tools get sucked.
There must be a planet somewhere where the inhabitants have developed bizarre rituals in reverence to the sky gods to stop them dropping spanners on their heads.

---------------------------------------

Build Diary: http://bills-locost.blogspot.com/
Web Site: http://locost.atspace.com

Davey D

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got a pit in my garage.... whenever anything goes missing i can always be sure it rolled down there.... and its always when i have the car over it on axle stands, so i cant move it out the way... grrrr

Browser

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
AARRRGGGHHH!! Ye've been infiltrated by the garage pixies! They come and move yer tools around, and are at their worst when yer in a hurry. Yer doooomed I tell yer!!
fesycresy

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Sam

Ask Colin about the missing tools in his 'shed', spend half hour looking for stuff that then appears right in front of us !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

smart51

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
I only get it with allen keys. I own 3 sets now and can find all of them except the size I want. One time I was working under the back of the car with 1 allen key and 1 spanner. The garage floor was swept clean and there was nothing around me. I put the allen key down for a moment, without moving, and seconds later when I went to pick it up it had gone. I couldn't find it at all.
Peteff

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
I usually find I'm sitting or lying on whatever I'm looking for There's a 10mm Facom spanner somewhere really safe though and it's been there two years now. I have three sets of Allen keys and lots of safety glasses for this very reason

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Dangle_kt

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
happens regularly to me, the pixies are pretty clever my way though. They put it in a pretty sensible place, but cover it with a invisability cloak, that is only removed once I have rummaged right next to it, then done a full lap of the garage to find it.
oldtimer

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
My worst habbit when the thing you dropped at your feet has completely dissapeared, is to drop something similar - this either dissapears too or never ends up where the original lost item went. I don't know where half my tools have gone, nor where a quarter of my tools came from - this also means I'm 25% down on tools all the time....
Richard Quinn

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
I only get it with allen keys. I own 3 sets now and can find all of them except the size I want. One time I was working under the back of the car with 1 allen key and 1 spanner. The garage floor was swept clean and there was nothing around me. I put the allen key down for a moment, without moving, and seconds later when I went to pick it up it had gone. I couldn't find it at all.
Mine's even more selective! I now have 4 sets of allen keys all missing the 3mm one!!

MikeRJ

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
I spend a depressing large amount of workshop time looking for tools that I put down and lost within 15 seconds. It drives me around the bend and usually puts me in a very bad mood!
iank

posted on 27/4/09 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Only occasionally with tools, but often with nuts/bolt/washers/clips I've taken off and will be re-using but are now hidden. Red floor paint is perfect camouflage background for rusty fasteners - would pick light grey if given another chance.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

woodster

posted on 27/4/09 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
in our house its keys and mobiles they seem to be able to move and hide every time i put them down
SteveWalker

posted on 27/4/09 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure that we've got a poltergeist, I can't think of any other explanation. For example, I can sit on the floor use a screwdriver to remove a socket from the wall, scrape off a bit of paint that has stuck to the socket and then try to put the socket back, only to find that the screwdriver is 10ft away!
BenB

posted on 27/4/09 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
LOL! Allen keys and safety goggles for me too!!
Steve Hignett

posted on 27/4/09 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
You want one of these...

Richard Quinn

posted on 27/4/09 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett

I'd still lose that!! Perhaps if I attached it to my belt with a bungee when it did go wandering off it would reach the limit of its extension and then come flying back (no doubt smacking me hard just to remind me it was there!!)

blakep82

posted on 27/4/09 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
I lost the engine mounting bolts for my car about 2 months ago. found them saturday in the cardboard box i left them in, even though i checked in that box loads of times

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mistergrumpy

posted on 27/4/09 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty good with tools in that I always try to put them back but its nuts, bolts and bits of trim. I invested in a couple of them magnetic bowls to pin the things down but the stainless stuff just disappears. I have this deep down worry that I've always held since being a kid in that I put screws into my mouth so I don't lose them if I'm going to use them next and then they goes and I start wondering if I've swallowed them by accident.

watsonpj

posted on 27/4/09 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Happens to me with tape measures, i have about 6 now due to the amount of times i have lost them. Im getting ready to move house and whilst packing up some of my stuff I found 4 in a huddle plotting.
bob

posted on 27/4/09 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Mrs bob tells me its man thing... never can find anything thats right under our noses, i cant argue with that as its a normal day in the garage for me.

I now have a list on the garage wall of tools i have lent out, nothing more frustrating than looking for something that isnt there at all.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.