Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alternatives to 4 point harnesses
smart51

posted on 1/5/09 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Alternatives to 4 point harnesses

I've had some interest in my car (which is for sale) from a guy who lost the use of one arm in a bike accident. He's happy to convert to a flat shifter and change the light switches but he can't do up 4 point harnesses with 1 hand.

To aid my sale, I'd like to find a nice alternative for him. Is there something suitable that can be done up with 1 hand?

handyandy

posted on 1/5/09 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
why not try normal car seat belts, the inertia ones, clunk click & ok for one handed operation, should be easy to build into the chassis i would think.
andy
all credit to the guy .

[Edited on 1/5/09 by handyandy]

Flamez

posted on 1/5/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by handyandy
why not try normal car seat belts, the inertia ones, clunk click & ok for one handed operation, should be easy to build into the chassis i would think.
andy
all credit to the guy .

[Edited on 1/5/09 by handyandy]

and they can be fitted either way, ie right or left handed ie diagonals fitted top centre or top right

[Edited on 1-5-09 by Flamez]

my build mac1motorsports

chrisg

posted on 1/5/09 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, my first Locost had inertia reels with the reel behind the seatback in the centre, it would depend which hand the guy was without.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

RK

posted on 1/5/09 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
I am sure Securon makes new ones for a pretty decent price. I've seen their ads anyways.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.