Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: more questions
Miks15

posted on 9/5/09 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
more questions

Following on from my brake stuff thread the other day, just got a few more questions before i order some bits

1. Do i need a specail union where the flexi hose will attach? and does it need to be fixed onto something?

2. what spacings are needed between clips on the brake and fuel lines?

3. whats the standard fuel line diameter and does both the copper and rubber need to be marked as for fuel?

4. are the cable tie bases ok for securing wiring?

thanks

Mikkel

Staple balls

posted on 9/5/09 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
1) I Welded a little tab onto the frame for the flexy to attach to the hard pipe, dunno how others do it.

B) 30cm max, but less is fine. be sensible about it.

Gamma) Rubber yes, copper no. 8mm microbore is the usual for copper, dunno for fuel, I just found something that fits over

4) Possibly, if the bases are riveted down (prove it with photos)

Miks15

posted on 9/5/09 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
1) I Welded a little tab onto the frame for the flexy to attach to the hard pipe, dunno how others do it.

Does it need a special union with extra thread or something to attach bolt it onto the tab?

chrisg

posted on 9/5/09 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
The flexy is usually a male fitting which goes through the tag or bracket and is held with a thin nut. The female end fitting of the rigid pipe then screws on to the male part of the flexy.

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 9/5/09 by chrisg]

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Miks15

posted on 9/5/09 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
The flexy is usually a male fitting which goes through the tag or bracket and is held with a thin nut. The female end fitting of the rigid pipe then screws on to the male part of the flexy.

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 9/5/09 by chrisg]

and its the same on the chassis side of it all? so without the flexi the brake line is effectively just hanging?

chrisg

posted on 9/5/09 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes the same set up is used at the chassis end, that pic was just for illustrationof a typical set up. You need to support the rigid pipe up to the bracket on the chassis.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.