Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hey guys
mad_dogpompey

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
hey guys

project underway. but need a little advice. i ve got a donor car with drum brakes on the back. need to put discs on the car i m building because of the carriers. is the differential and the shafts the same as the one used on disc brake cars? they are the push in type? ps don t need the drums and all the stuff that goes with them so they re free to a good home if you need them!
eznfrank

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
What's the donor?
omega0684

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
might be a good idea to tell us what your building, what enginem box and diff your using etc. the more detail you give the more you will get help
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad_dogpompey

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
the donor is a rust red colour sirra 1.8 h reg cvh engine. building a haynes roadster!!!!! gonna be a 2 litre zetec with a mt75 box
technics

posted on 18/5/09 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
locost

hey maddog are you in pompey its just im planning a build in the near future i just want to have a look and get a rough idea on how it all fits and maybe il get a clearer view of it all before i commit, that way the better half cant moan at me for longer period. thanks Steve
mad_dogpompey

posted on 18/5/09 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
yeh but i m very early stages! i m collecting my chassis in the next 10 days and starting to strip the donor soon after should have something respectable to look at. only problem is that i m not actually in portsmouth. hard to believe i ve moved to southampton though yeh i m a pompey boy in a scumy land lol!
and if your gonna come this far to have a look i know theres some guys who meet up in cadnam just of junction 1 or 2 of the m27 if you mention a thread in the forum someone will tell you when it is but think its every other tuesday. i recon a nice summers drive a look over a few cars and a nice drink might be enough to talk her into letter you build it!!!!

Chippy

posted on 18/5/09 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Cadnum meet is second tuesday of the month, NOT every second tuesday. It is at junction 1 on the M27, at the Sir John Barleycorn pub. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.