Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine advice and guidance
wrigglypig

posted on 20/5/09 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
engine advice and guidance

You may or not be aware I had to abandon the roadster project and have been selling off odds n sods.

There is a picture of the "new car" in my photos ( Ng Henley)

It is still running the 2.0 pinto I re built 18 years ago and has only covered 9,500 miles ( and it cost a fortune when I built it it was re bored +.20thou re ground crank ,shells mains oil pump new dizzy etc
new valve guides valves etc etc. It now has a kent fast road cam in it and runs well.
Trouble is it aint an unleaded head and needs the fuel addative! So I am considering going Zetec and have a load of questions if you can help??????

Firstly are the inlet and exhaust on the same sides as a pinto?

I have a megajolt with TPS can this be made to work with one of these ( I am a ZETEC virgin! ) Is there any preference between 1.8 and 2.0

Silvertop v Blacktop?

has anyone got one for sale for reasonable money?? If this looks a good route to go down? then the CVH with shortened sump and GSXR750 carbs is going up for sale there are photos of it in my archive and it has a full new clutch.
Any help apreciated, see it running here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcVMVosgZ5w

Any help advice appreciated

Kev

flak monkey

posted on 20/5/09 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec inlet and exhaust are on the opposite side to the pinto. Duratec is on the same side as the pinto.

Having unleaded seats fitted to the pinto should be about £100

Or at the end of this year I will be selling my rebuilt 2.0 complete, and that has all the stuff on for injection, and unleaded valve seats etc.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

r1_pete

posted on 20/5/09 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I'm running a blacktop, with a late sierra MT75 gearbox, type 9 box is another popular choice.

Clutch, many options, I have re-drilled the flywheel to take the dohc clutch which matches the gearbox.

Megajolt and edis is ideal, the zetec flywheel has the missing tooth trigger built in.

Inlet, bike carbs throttle bodies, dcoes, I'm using bike carbs ona boggs manifold.

Sumps, silvertop is one peice ally, blackie is a two peice ally/steel, either need modifying to get the thin sierra CVH starter in.

There was a website Zetec-cat.co.uk with loads of usefull stuff, but I cant get at it at present.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tomblyth

posted on 20/5/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
saw this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-1-8-ZETEC-ENGINE-MK1-1999-2005-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ310143009631QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?ha sh=item310143009631&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

do i search for new zetec as there are loads!

wrigglypig

posted on 20/5/09 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys food for thought

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.