Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newark Classic kit car hall
chrisg

posted on 23/5/09 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Newark Classic kit car hall

I've just had some information through the post regarding the Newark kit car show.

Perhaps you were already aware of this, but here goes.....

Classic Kit Car Hall
New for 2009 a Celebration of the Industry's History!

Through the years while organising the show, we have seen many Kit Car Companies that are now no longer in existence and Car models that are no longer being produced. The Kit Car Industry has been around a long time, since the middle of the last century, we feel it is time to celebrate the fore runners of themodern Kit Car.We are planning to present a display of Kit Cars from the ‘classic’ era the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and the 90’s in a separate Hall, in effect giving you a show within a show.

We will be using The Lady Eastwood Hall for the Classic Kit Car Show, which will give plenty of space for impressive displays. Along side these displays there will be space for indoor trade stands.

We are looking for a range of kitcars that are no longer in production. We will be searching out the well known cars that were produced in vast numbers as well as the small production cars. These kitcars are part of a rich Heritage which we wish to acknowledge in our Classic Kit Car Show.

If you have a classic kit car that you wish us to consider for display in the Classic Kit Car Hall, you can download the form from here or contact us by Email or Telephone.
"

It seems to me that this hall should have an early Locost in the nineties section!

Application form here....

http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk/images/bookingforms/classickitcar.pdf

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

chrisg

posted on 23/5/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Just me then?

Never mind

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

D Beddows

posted on 23/5/09 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
The 'Locost' wasn't originaly a 'kit' car though was it - and people (ie companies who you desperately wanted to sell you stuff) were very snotty about the whole concept for a good while as I recall! - sounds weird now doesn't it that companies would turn down business but they did!!

It is undoubtedly the most important car ever in 'kit car' terms but it's just a rip off of a pre lit Westfield at the end of the day - so one yeah but the 1950s & 60s had some lovely looking specials you could build, the 70s and 80s some completely off the wall stuff and I'd rather see a hall full of them tbh ......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.