Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: shes nearly finnished
vinnievector

posted on 25/5/09 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
shes nearly finnished

Took her for a shake down drive apart from a small water leek it drove well heres some pics the small screen will be removed for the test . Rescued attachment kit car 018.jpg
Rescued attachment kit car 018.jpg

tegwin

posted on 25/5/09 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice! I do like that screen!

I assume its not "test ready" yet? what with the uncovered bolts etc?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

vinnievector

posted on 25/5/09 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
my mk

Ye ,a few bits to cover up and take off,
was well happy with the vapour dash mph was spot on ,calibrated off the sat nav and speed sigh.i ll take it for a pre test m.o.t for the lights brakes emissions and any other bits i may have missed .
save up for the test and sort out some transport to take the car off the Isl of wight and over to Buley for the test . any offers would be gratefully accepted.

wilkingj

posted on 25/5/09 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
I would put a thin ally strip across the bottom of the screen. This will spread the load on the nuts when travelling at speed.
ie to prevent the screen cracking in the nuts area.

Car Looks good.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 25/5/09 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Also your front cycle wings look like they are not far enough forward and from the photo look too narrow.
They now have a perspex wheel gauge that they place along the side of the wheels to check during IVA.
I know this because the tester was proudly showing it off while I was at sva on 20th April.
You can be sure that is one of the points that they will focus on especially seeing that the regs are new.
I can't see your top belt mounts but they look lower than the seat which will mean that the seat is treated as part of the seatbelt safety system.......
Your indicators will also need to be extended as they are too far inboard.
Apart from that you have built a very nice car!

[Edited on 25/5/2009 by nitram38]

clairetoo

posted on 25/5/09 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vinnievector
i ll take it for a pre test m.o.t for the lights brakes emissions and any other bits i may have missed .

If you can , find a garage that will do that without putting it through an MOT ........ cuz if it goes on the system as having had one , it will need one every year from when it's registered .

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

adithorp

posted on 25/5/09 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good. Of course your drive was all on private roads!

Few points...
exposed bolts/nuts?
indicators too narrow,
rear arches not covering the wheels in plan view?
front gaurds to short at front, not covering rim in plan view?

Clair is right about the MOT. Ask the tester to go through it as if it was a test, but not actually log it on the computer as a test. Once on the MOT database it needs a test every year.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

CaptainJosh

posted on 25/5/09 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
I love how when someone just wants to show off their good work on here, everyone instantly assumes they want an arm chair IVA/SVA inspection

Nice car.

nitram38

posted on 25/5/09 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainJosh
I love how when someone just wants to show off their good work on here, everyone instantly assumes they want an arm chair IVA/SVA inspection

Nice car.

The advice is only to help save disappointment at the test centre and more delays to having the car on the road.......

vinnievector

posted on 25/5/09 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
thanks

Thanks for the advice guys ,all private roads, the screen will be treated to a strip that's on the to do list the front wings are wide enough as you look from above and the rears to must be the be the angle of the pic, however i will look into how forward they must go i looked at a lot of pics on here to see where they had mounted them.i looked at the front indicators and consulted the old sva manual the separation was in limits i will have to check if ok for the iva ,the seat belt mounts were paid good attention to i had to buy extended bolts and make up some tube spacers to get the correct height they are in line with the middle of the seat belt hole and above the shoulder
The mot issue ,i did not explain my self here but i intended to have a chat with the guy not to give it test test but a simulated one to give me some idea on any faults i might have ie emissions ,lights brakes tracking all of which i don't have any test equipment for and would only be guessing on there set up.
hope this clears up a few point s
i have include a pic of the seat belts .
I have no test date booked yet ,but i must get this sot on before i go as it will cost me a fortune to get off the island and could not possibly entertain a retest
[Edited on 25/5/09 by vinnievector]

[Edited on 25/5/09 by vinnievector] Rescued attachment kit car 025.jpg
Rescued attachment kit car 025.jpg

CaptainJosh

posted on 25/5/09 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainJosh

Nice car.

The advice is only to help save disappointment at the test centre and more delays to having the car on the road.......

I know I know, everyone is very helpful on here

He just didn't say he was going for the test yet.

adithorp

posted on 25/5/09 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Indicators can't be more than 400mm from outer edge of the car (the widest part, which is probably the rear wings). Separation is only a minimum distance apart which doesn't come into play on these cars.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.