Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It's an adrenaline rush
Ivan

posted on 25/5/09 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
It's an adrenaline rush

Sitting at the dining room table working at my laptop when I looked up to see a huge male baboon standing in the lounge looking at me.

I'm still coming down from the rush, beats fast cars and I would imagine recreational drugs any day.

TimC

posted on 25/5/09 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
beats ... recreational drugs any day.

Who you trying to kid? What have you been popping?

In fairness we don't get that very often in Wales.

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/5/09 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
hope it wasn't being rude

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 25/5/09 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
you better be careful, you don't want to mess with him, he might ring up baloo,kahn and bagira!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 25/5/09 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
A babboon eh? Hmm, I reckon I'd fight it.

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/5/09 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
A babboon eh? Hmm, I reckon I'd fight it.

hmmm I don't know, looks like awful big teeth

mistergrumpy

posted on 25/5/09 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Nah, we had a lad at school with bigger teeth than that and a lad in the RAF they used to call Billy Piper. Said he could eat an apple through a tennis racket Bring it on! Grrrr.

Ivan

posted on 25/5/09 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah - those teeth are pretty impressive when they snarl at you - also they weigh in at around 70 lbs and are all muscle so although I shouted at him and threw a clipboard at him I was real lucky he didn't decide to take me on and left just before the beloved Corgi got from the bedroom to the lounge when she heard me shouting at it.
Mr Whippy

posted on 25/5/09 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

although I shouted at him and threw a clipboard at him I was real lucky he didn't decide to take me on

yeah that should really pi$$ it off!!

have you checked for missing limbs?

Ivan

posted on 25/5/09 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
If the clipboard hadn't worked the chair would have been next followed by the table and then the Corgi and then the wife in that order.
omega0684

posted on 25/5/09 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
you have neglected to mention how the frick a baboon got into your living room in the first place!

do you not have windows & doors in your country?

mistergrumpy

posted on 25/5/09 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe there's a baboon flap in the door?

Ivan

posted on 25/5/09 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
The front sliding door was open as the dog had been lying on the deck - but she had just come in and gone through to the bedroom. Normally you hear them coming over the roof or the babies are screaming and give plenty of warning, but this time he snuck up to us from nowhere.

[Edited on 25/5/09 by Ivan]

chrisg

posted on 25/5/09 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Am I missing something here?

Babboon/living room

Explain...

Unless it's your pet name for Mrs Ivan?

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

nstrug

posted on 25/5/09 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Am I missing something here?

Babboon/living room

Explain...

Unless it's your pet name for Mrs Ivan?

Have a look where Ivan lives...

I had to eject two bloody great hornets from the living room today - not quite as impressive as baboons I'll admit but its about as scary as it gets in Surrey.

Ivan

posted on 25/5/09 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
We have a troop of about 20+ baboons (the genuine article) that visit our neighbourhood several times a week, when they're not ripping down the gutters and fascias of your house by swinging from them, they're trying to get into the house to raid the fridge and food storage cupboards - if they get in it looks like a crowd of hooligans has ransacked your house and cr*pped and pee'd everywhere, they are able to open windows and doors if they are not properly latched.

Unfortunately they seem to have more rights than people as they are protected and you may not hurt the little darlings, and they know it.

And no LOL, Mrs Ivan is Darling, Sweetheart, etc - never ever anything disparaging - she's just the best - who like Claire on here can put her hand to building a car and engine.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 25/5/09 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Unfortunately they seem to have more rights than people as they are protected and you may not hurt the little darlings, and they know it.

That sounds like the feral kids the roam the citys and housing schemes here in the UK.

Seems you need some Xpanda products
We installed some multiguards in La Lucia Durban north to keep monkeys and locals out.

chrisg

posted on 25/5/09 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
We have a troop of about 20+ baboons (the genuine article) that visit our neighbourhood several times a week, when they're not ripping down the gutters and fascias of your house by swinging from them, they're trying to get into the house to raid the fridge and food storage cupboards - if they get in it looks like a crowd of hooligans has ransacked your house and cr*pped and pee'd everywhere, they are able to open windows and doors if they are not properly latched.

And no LOL, Mrs Ivan is Darling, Sweetheart, etc - never ever anything disparaging - she's just the best - who like Claire on here can put her hand to building a car and engine.

Sod that for a game of soldiers, I ran in the house when we had a squirrel in the garden!!!!

I like my wildlife filleted and grilled

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Peteff

posted on 25/5/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
hope it wasn't being rude

No that's Gibbons who does rude things

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Ninehigh

posted on 25/5/09 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sod their rights sounds like you need a taser.

I need a taser too...

JoelP

posted on 25/5/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Sod their rights sounds like you need a taser.

I need a taser too...

i often think that too! Or a good cattle prod

violentblue

posted on 26/5/09 at 04:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IvanUnfortunately they seem to have more rights than people as they are protected and you may not hurt the little darlings, and they know it.

Honestly they all just tripped and fell very hard head first onto the end of my baseball bat

a few pics of my other projects

Fred W B

posted on 26/5/09 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Pity you have that problem Ivan.

I might point out that it's only some parts of South Africa where that happens, here in PE the wildlife mostly keeps to itself.

Did I ever tell you about the time I had a windscreen broken FROM THE INSIDE by a baboon that invaded my car to steal sweets when I stopped at the Sir Lowries's pass view site above Cape Town years ago?

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

Rod Ends

posted on 26/5/09 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote

chrisg

posted on 26/5/09 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Or

"warning to penguins, don't go under cars"

Cheers

Chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.