Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newlands Corner,Run To The Sun
nicksuper6

posted on 27/5/09 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Newlands Corner,Run To The Sun

A big Hi to all on the Locost forum.This is my first post on your forum and i hope it will generate a lot of interest.I understand that a few of you attended a run with a few of the Tiger owners from Newlands Corner too West Wittering.After chating to Martin (satoc) i got to thinking what if we did the run and envited all kits.So a month ago i joined as many forums as i could and left a post to invite all.It read like this
The run is in the south of england from Newlands Corner near Guildford ,Surrey Gu4 8se to West wittering beach car park near Chichester,West Susdex,Po20 8aj.The start meeting point is a large car park over looking Surrey it's free and does great bacon rolls, tea etc.The finish point is at the West Wittering beach car park,sadly they charge to park but trust me it's worth it.It's a great sandy beach with grub toilets etc.The distance between them is about 60miles and has got a drivers dream route of country lanes and wicked b roads.At present I'm on my own on getting this up and running and it would be great if a person from each club could get on board and help on the run.
What i didn't have then was a date but now i do,it's July the 19th (sunday).As far as the respose goes,well so far its been great,westies,dax,robin hoods and cobra's.It does not stop there both of the big Kit mags are listing it in the news and events pages and one is after a write up with pictures after the run.As far as the route goes i was going to the satoc meeting thursday night to have a chat with Martin.I hope this run will b of interest to you all,and i intend to pop in on your next meet at Newlands for a chat.I am open to all input and any ideas or advice.
Cheers
NICK

theconrodkid

posted on 27/5/09 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
great idea but it clashes with the Uxbridge car show and a lot of the WLM mob that meet at newlands will be there.
good luck anyhow.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

nicksuper6

posted on 27/5/09 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Dam i thought i had done my homework.The mags never mentioned a clash.O well if that old current bun does its job,i'm sure the temptation of a days blast will pursuade a few.
theconrodkid

posted on 27/5/09 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
summer should last more than 1 day,if its a success why not arrange a re-run

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

nicksuper6

posted on 27/5/09 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
If it works out ok,will have another go for sure.Still a bit gutted about event clash,still had loads of yes reply's so not all lost.
Humbug

posted on 28/5/09 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
I would have been up for it but I will be on my hols
greenwood03

posted on 30/6/09 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Nick, whats the latest news on this: is it still happening? what response have you had, any rough idea of numbers expected??

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.