Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: woops
hellbent345

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
woops

was driving the ole tintop today, and went down a bit of dirt track (its not a road its kind of private land that one is allowed to drive through)
anyway, i thought, here some fun, ill just pull on the old handbrake here... waheeeyyy OH SHIT! got it nicely sideways on the gravel and was holding it nicely but then there was this fence post...
My car now has a rather nice fold line in the abs plastic bumper lol live and learn

[Edited on 30/5/09 by hellbent345]

blakep82

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
oops!

get a photo up!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

BenB

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Wot no pictures?
nick205

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like a flesh wound

amazing how quick things happen once you get out of shape and enter that "passenger with a steering wheel in your hands" scenario

MakeEverything

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hellbent345
was driving the ole tintop today, and went down a bit of dirt track (its not a road its kind of private land that one is allowed to drive through)
anyway, i thought, here some fun, ill just pull on the old handbrake here... waheeeyyy OH SHIT! got it nicely sideways on the gravel and was holding it nicely but then there was this fence post...
My car now has a rather nice fold line in the abs plastic bumper lol live and learn

Still, At least the car now matches your login name on here...

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

hellbent345

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
you take too much pleasure in misfortune!! ill post up a pic tomoz if i remember - and i will when i see the damage again
wat a fule

ReMan

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
might have been better to keep this one to yourself
hellbent345

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
haha na, as was said, tis but a flesh wound! and a lesson learned! and i do like to let others know about my lessons learned lol

Simon

posted on 31/5/09 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
Many years ago (like 25+), I was going into town and thought a handbrake induced drift onto next road (at T- junction) would be a laugh. Pulled up handbrake and did perfect 180 turn (spin?) and ended up at junction facing way I'd just come

Tried doing handbrake turns in alfasud, only to find handbrake worked on front wheels

ATB

Simon

rusty nuts

posted on 31/5/09 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
You may get the crease out using a hot air gun and a lever from behind? Wide open spaces are often the best place to practise hand brake turns!
chrisg

posted on 31/5/09 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Many years ago (like 25+), I was going into town and thought a handbrake induced drift onto next road (at T- junction) would be a laugh. Pulled up handbrake and did perfect 180 turn (spin?) and ended up at junction facing way I'd just come

Tried doing handbrake turns in alfasud, only to find handbrake worked on front wheels
ATB

Simon

I did the same in a citroen BX!

It just ploughed straight on, didn't hit anything though

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

ReMan

posted on 31/5/09 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
I went off a rather lumpy undulating country road into and accross a ploughed field in a Citroen BX whilst leaerning why Citroen never campaigned them or their suspension in rallying

But fortunatly raining to the high position allowed me to drive out again with no external assistance, just a lot of mud underneath

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.