Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: your thoughts on this please
omega0684

posted on 4/6/09 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
your thoughts on this please

just seen this rad on ebay

i e-mailed the guy and he says that the rad is 17" tall (430mm) 14.5" wide (370mm) and 2" deep (5mm), priced at £109 i think thats quite good value and it would sit in my nosecone quite nicely. ideally i would want it about 400mm wide but thats no biggy,

the only thing that i have a question about is the pressure cap, as there would be one on the header tank, is it ok to have 2 on the coolant system?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 4/6/09 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
I dont see why not. It just means they wont have to release as much pressure as normal (sharing the work).
If you wanted, im sure you would be able to find a non pressure relief cap to fit

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

andyd

posted on 4/6/09 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, get a non-pressure one for the rad and put the pressure one on the header tank. Plenty of production cars have that arrangement.

Andy

iank

posted on 4/6/09 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
What's the point of spending 4x as much as an alloy VW polo radiator? They've been used to cool very powerful engines so are more than up to the job for 99.9% of people.

Most cooling problems reported seem to be a lack of ducting around the radiator or airlocks not lack of capacity in the radiator.

Edit: Just seen your other thread. Without any ducting to your current rad most of the air will be lost around the gaps - air travels the route of least resistance so you need to persuade it to go through radiators that aren't right at the front.

[Edited on 4/6/09 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/6/09 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
as iank says, its virtually the same size as a polo rad and although its definitely better looking, it will give almost identical performance. The matrix even looks the same thickness -

[Edited on 4/6/09 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.