Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VXR Trackdays
fishywick

posted on 11/6/09 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
VXR Trackdays

Received this from Pistonheads.

GET TO GRIPS WITH PURE POWER OF VXR.

Hit the track and take on the VXR challenge.

The 2009 VXR Track Days are coming up fast. If you're 21 or over, this is your invitation to unleash the full power of Vauxhall's formidable range of VXRs on a legendary BTCC racetrack.

Your Track Day will include instruction from professional drivers and a chance to put the VXR range through its paces out on the track and in the VXR Experience. You'll also get a full safety briefing and a buffet lunch. Plus, you'll be one of the first lucky people to see the new Insignia VXR - definitely a chance to make your friends jealous.

During the half-day programme, you'll relish 105 gripping minutes* on the track with a top instructor and a range of supplied VXR's to choose from - be it the VXR8, Astra VXR, Corsa VXR or Zafira VXR.

Places are strictly on a first-come, first-serve basis. Last year's acclaimed VXR Track Days sold out, so get ahead of the pack and book your VXR Track Day as soon as you can.

VXR Track Day: £120
Brands Hatch - 10 June, Thruxton - 2/3 July, Croft - 15/16 July 2009.

Full safety briefing
Professional instruction
Experience the VXR range
105 minutes of track time*
105 minutes of VXR Experience*
*includes briefing time and activity changeover halfway through session

The VXR Experience.

Autotest: Test your skills against the clock on a designated course.
The Wall: Push the Vauxhall Insignia's fantastic Adaptive 4X4 with FlexRide and braking system to the maximum on a low-grip surface.
Pitstop Challenge: See how you measure up in the pit lane on a real VXRacing BTCC car. It's not as easy as the pit team makes it look!

Ultimate VXR Track Day: £120
Rockingham - 24/25/26/27 June 2009.

You'll revel in all the elements of our VXR Track Day, but you'll also benefit from expert tuition in pushing the monstrous 400+ PS VXR8 to the limit in the VXR8 Drift School's wet grip area. Additionally, you'll get the chance to tackle the Astra VXR Kick Plate - the UK's only kick plate - and test the car's impressive performance on polished surfaces. Places are limited and interest is fierce, so don't miss your chance to experience a unique opportunity of VXR action.

Book your VXR Track Day now at: http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/clk;215138714;37118969;p

Seems reasonable value to rag someone elses car around Croft. I have booked the morning of Wed 15th July. Most of the pm sessions seem to be booked up.

Project7

posted on 11/6/09 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
I did the morning session at Brands yesterday, and I would reccommend it to anyone.

The instructors encourage you to push the cars as hard as possible. Andrew Jordan (BTCC driver) was giving high speed rides, and one of the highlights was my instructor telling me to try and stay with him

I think the VXR range is quite underated too, the Astra in particular was alot of fun.

asl

posted on 11/6/09 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Project 7, how many laps do you actually get in each car. it is the * next to the 105mins track time that worries me. How much of the 105 is briefing / change over and how much is driving?? Cheers
Project7

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi asl, The session is split in to two - the track part and an activities part.

The activities part was an autotest is a Corsa (1.6 turbo) and a bracking challenge - this is ok but i could have lived without it.

The track apart is excellent the briefing is about 15mins, and then you get the 105 minutes of track time (I'm not sure why it says the briefing is part of the track time allowance, I've just checked the time table for the day i was given when i arrived and 15minutes of briefing is accounted for before hand). I would estimate that the group has about 30-35 people and there is about from Memory

8 x Astra (4 or which with gps telemetry)
4 x corsa
4 x VXR8
4 x Insignia SRI
2 x Zafrias

You just go and queue for the car you want and get 3 or 4 laps (telemetry cars get 4 laps and a couple of times i was given an extra lap because slower people ruined my lap) then come in and queue again.

In Reality you are never waiting more than about 5min top. First out I went in the VXR8 and then alternated between the Corsas and Astras.

I reckon i must have done 35laps plus.

Photos of the Day

The Telemetry of my lap

[Edited on 11/6/09 by Project7]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.