Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recovery
wrigglypig

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Recovery

I have just spoken to the $$$$s at Green flag to renew the recovery on the Picasso and Yaris I asked if the kit could go on it???
After fully explaining what a kit is they said no!

Why? "cos its a kit we wont be able to get the bits if it breaks down."

But its based on a Sierra and Cortina its all basic Ford stuff!

" no we cant cover that sorry"

So I am thinking of cancelling it all. Question is has anyone else been able to get theirs covered for recovery ?? any recommendations.

Kev

Flamez

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
pretty sure my aa covers me not the car, so any car I'm in is ok? Never even been asked what i drive?

I'm relying on it for Newark.

my build mac1motorsports

owelly

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
My Brittania covers all my cars, any car I'm in and any car Miss o is in. All for around £65iirc

[Edited on 11/6/09 by owelly]

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gavin174

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
The good old AA recovered me when the prop snapped on the superspec no problem....

i was only a mile from home too..

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

pewe

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe worth looking at their Personal cover. Ours covers SWMBO and self for any vehicle in which we are travelling regardless of whether we own it.
On that basis they'd be hard pressed to refuse recovering you in the kit unless they now exclude it specifically.
One other thing be careful about mentioning track-days as the RAC refused at least of their members free recovery from The Bovington "Help the Heroes" track-day on Sunday!.
HTH
Cheers, Pewe

smart51

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Green flag cover my kit car. I put the Peugeot on the same policy when it came time to renew because it was hardly any extra. They've recovered me a few times.

Phone again and speak to another person. I believe they record the car as Ford OHV kitcars Intl Beaver

Humbug

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
I've got AutoAid - £35 per year for self and SWMBO whatever car we are in. You pay and reclaim, but it gets a good write-up on MoneySavingExpert. Linky now gone up to £37.

btw, it's only for you and your spouse, not for anyone in a filthy, dirty, libidinous unmarried relationship

wrigglypig

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers chaps, I shall get surfing and have a look

Kev

Guinness

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
The AA have recovered me (on the way to an SVA, at the side of the road with a leaking oil hose, at the side of the road with a big end gone, at the side of the road with a snapped gear change cable) 4 times now.

I did get a bit worried when they had to come out to the BMW twice too! Then I got a "reasonable" use letter from them.

Touch wood I haven't had recourse to call them in a while.

rescued
rescued

I also pay for European wide cover with my insurance through Sureterm Direct. (One day I will make it to the 'ring / lemans!)

Mike

JoelP

posted on 11/6/09 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
i just got a renewal quote through for the aa, £138 for me and the missus. Bit steep considering i dont really seem to break down (touch wood...).

Im subsidising you mike!

[Edited on 11/6/09 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

TPG

posted on 11/6/09 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
We have been with Norwich Union for a while now.Used them 3 times over the last 5 years (Just last week in Manchester when the Rad' gave out on the Picasso after getting into it after getting off a 24hrs flight....nice) No problems with them. They said yes to the Locost when I orginally joined.Its always the RAC (All owned by Avvia) or one of their contractors that come out. I have no reason to fault them.Good service,good price

..Which was nice..

SteveWalker

posted on 11/6/09 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
The AA came out to me on the M5 when my (new) electric fan decided to shed a blade and ram it through the radiator. Towed me off, took a good look and then disappeared for an hour on a thirty-odd mile round trip to bring me back a new cortina radiator. I had to do the rest of the journey back to Manchester without a fan, but as long as I kept moving I was fine - I was happy with the service.
dmac

posted on 11/6/09 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
i just got a renewal quote through for the aa, £138 for me and the missus. Bit steep considering i dont really seem to break down (touch wood...).

Check what a new member could get the same cover for if they apply on-line, (they are currently offering 25% discount) and then call them and insist that you get the same deal.

Duncan

sminney

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I had the £130 renewal joke from the AA too. Called them and asked to cancel, said RAC were cheaper and they droped it to £95 - Cover roadside/relay for me and the missus.
LBMEFM

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
RAC as does AA and maybe others cover you and the car you are driving, you are the member. Green Flag only cover a particular vehicle/s and the car is the "member".
madteg

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
AA every time as i got picked up from just of the start line at sanapod with a broken driveshaft with no questions asked, the driver actually said they pick cars up from there all the time.
JUD

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
Then I got a "reasonable" use letter from them.

That's a bit tight of them. It's not like you call them out because you fancy a chat. There are plenty of people that are members for years and never use them - that must balance up for some of your un"reasonable" use!

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.