Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel starvation
wrigglypig

posted on 21/6/09 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel starvation

You may remember a few weeks ago I posted up re fuel starvation on a 2l pinto fitted with std mechanical pump. I considered fuel surges, jet blockages etc etc etc.
I have now sorted it. The guy who owned the car before me had fitted the pump without fitting the spacer, in other words just a cardboard gasket! ( I did nt spot it for ages ) anyway fitted the spacer and he presto all sorted. I can only presume that the piston in the pumpcould not stroke correctly i.e. it was having its stroke restricted as the spacer was missing thereforewas nt able to pump anywhere near what it should have done!

Sorted and works fine now, just thought I would update you, you never know it may come up again.

Kev

jpindy3

posted on 21/6/09 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
my vulcan pinto in my mk had a thin gasket on the fuel pump,but on my other pinto witch is a 202 block has a thick spacer about 5mm,the 202 is alot newer than my other one,
RichardK

posted on 21/6/09 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Good spot Kev, glad you're all sorted.

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.