Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do Locostbuilders ever have a group area at shows?
eznfrank

posted on 22/6/09 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Do Locostbuilders ever have a group area at shows?

I missed Newark this weekend and ended up at Harewood Classic and Vintage car Rally instead, good day out with loads of clubs represented and it got me thinking whether it might be worth having a Locostbuilders group area at events.

I know most of the manufacturers have a group and tend to attract their own branded cars to show but just wondered if anyone would be interested in having a stand/area specifically for members of this forum?

cloudy

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
I parked on the Locost Club Stand, but I understand that has no affiliation with here...

James

www.warnercars.com

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
I've been to a few shows up here over the last few weeks. Seen just a handful of 7's. Only a Robinhood yesterday at Frazer Castle, though I see loads driving about Aberdeen.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
We had an area at the Uxbridge show. On holiday this year so it's a no show for me (pardon the pun).
omega0684

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
as this is a generic forum with no reference to specific makes and models of cars and LB is not an official owners club forum, there never is a specific section at shows, most people normally park there car on the owners club stand and then walk around chatting to everyone.

[Edited on 22/6/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
If someone wants to arrange a Locostbuilders area at the shows, im sure there would be some interest...
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
omega0684

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
eddie why arn't you at school revising!
coozer

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon a Locostbuilders section would be the biggest area in any show.

At Newark we were pretty well represented all over different club/manufacturers areas but the only thing lacking was being able to identify each other.

Maybe some event gathering or locostbuilders badges with your usermane on may be better, about 5" diameter

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

wilkingj

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
At Newark, on Saturday, the Luego stand was dead as far as visitors were concerned, So we all poped over in the cars and parked up on the back of the Locost Owners stand. Size wise it rivalled the MK owners, and was nearly as big as the R**bin H**d club
Many of the Locost Club members are also members on here. I have membership of Locost and Luego Clubs.
All of the Luego members at Newark are also on this site.

I can see it would be of interest. However, many on here are members of owners clubs and tend to camp / park up with them.
Its a bit difficult to please everyone!

If you want to have a specific Locostbuilders area at a show, it shouldnt be too much of a problem to organise it. I suspect the problem would be getting enough people to make it viable.
I suggest you speak with the locost club guys to see about a combined stand... That would attract more people.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

Benzine

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
the only thing lacking was being able to identify each other.

yeah that was/is a problem. I'm sure I saw lots of LCBs walking around the show but had no idea who they were I'd park my car at a LCB stand if there was one

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

twybrow

posted on 22/6/09 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I too would go for a LCB stand, as other than the BEC Owners Club (ha ha ha), I don't belong anywhere!
chrisg

posted on 22/6/09 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
We (the Locost car club) organise and pay for a stand at most of the kit car shows.

I can't stress enough that this area is open to EVERYONE, the more the merrier. We've had everything from a tractor to an ultima.

Isn't "Locost" more of an attitude than some strict tribal club?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

omega0684

posted on 22/6/09 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
I too would go for a LCB stand, as other than the BEC Owners Club (ha ha ha), I don't belong anywhere!

you can just sit the the corner on a deck chair with a cup of columbian roast!

twybrow

posted on 22/6/09 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow

you can just sit the the corner on a deck chair with a cup of columbian roast!

Well that is my day sorted....! And once buzzing on the finest Columbian (coffee), I might have the reactions to keep up with my BEC...!

dinosaurjuice

posted on 22/6/09 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg

Isn't "Locost" more of an attitude than some strict tribal club?

Cheers

Chris

I think so

eddie99

posted on 22/6/09 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
eddie why arn't you at school revising!

Exams are finished!!!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jollygreengiant

posted on 22/6/09 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
I think that the only problem that you might come across is using the LCB name for a stand as I understand that the owner of the site tends to be a little, erm, protective, about its use.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

eznfrank

posted on 22/6/09 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
I think that the only problem that you might come across is using the LCB name for a stand as I understand that the owner of the site tends to be a little, erm, protective, about its use.

Probably wouldn't mind if Netrino got a free mention?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.