Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: HELP! need the bit that goes between the manifold and the silencer!
asl

posted on 22/6/09 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
HELP! need the bit that goes between the manifold and the silencer!

Hi. I have just bought a new bigger silencer from MK for my IndyBlade. As it longer than the existing one the pipe that connects the manifold and silencer is too long. I don't want to cut my existing one as i would like to be able to change silencers depending on what I am doing (track vs road etc) and also I'm worried that if I cut it wrong i won't be able to use either silencer

I ordered one from MK 2 weeks ago and just phoned them to chase it up and they haven't made one yet. I'm doing a track day on friday so am fairly desperate (might have to cut the existing one) where else could I get one from? i'm in guildford. Cheers all

[Edited on 22/6/09 by asl]

Kriss

posted on 22/6/09 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
trust me, once you fit the big boy Mk can, you wont want to go back.
A) its effort to swap
B) the sound is still there with the Mk can, just not mental like (i assume) your oem/carbon/race can.

If you need it for track, then i would cut what you have (you know its the right item) then wait on the replacement from MK.

Its only a pipe with a wee s bend, sure longlife/powerflow etc would be able to copy one though.

heres an idea of where to cut on my MK R1

chris_smith

posted on 22/6/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
i got one from this guy HERE

i ordered one mid afternoon and recieved before 10 next day
fabulous service and spot on sizes

chris

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

LBMEFM

posted on 22/6/09 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
I have exactly the same problem, I have swopped my small original MK silencer for the larger one. The intemediate pipe has the same diameter but is too long, I have cut it down now, it fits but it does not align with the side panel very well and the tail pipe sticks out a little too far. But it works and I will be interested to see other builders solutions. Barry

[Edited on 22/6/09 by LBMEFM]

asl

posted on 22/6/09 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. Barry, my smaller silencer was only connected to the car at the rear and the front was held in place by the intermediate pipe. The new silencer has a hole to attach the rear and the front of the can, did you use both? I think I will have the same problem with the angle and also the outlet pipe is angled down and it really reduced my ground clearance. Thats part of the reason I wanted to be able to seop the silencers around. Cheers nathan

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.