Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sylva riot r1 + se
daniel mason

posted on 17/7/09 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
sylva riot r1 + se

anyone know of any alternative engines for the R1 powered riot, or the car engined se version? am sure the R1 is popular in the riot along with ford in the se versions. thanks
Toltec

posted on 17/7/09 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Alternatives to the R1 are possible, there are quite a few with Kawasaki engines.

Have a look at www.stingraymotorsport.com

The engine is mounted on separate frames so it is possible to use various ones. Give Stingray a call and have a chat with Alistair.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 18/7/09 at 02:12 AM Reply With Quote
The SE is Zetec powered,although when I spoke to them,they said they you could fit a few different types of car engines,I thought a nice honda civic type R would be a good choice
daniel mason

posted on 18/7/09 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys. i was thinking honda s2000 would be a great choice although its a bit tall!
Toltec

posted on 18/7/09 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
thanks guys. i was thinking honda s2000 would be a great choice although its a bit tall!

I would be very surprised if that would fit, also the weight would mess up the front/rear balance of the car. Have you looked at the Aeon GT3? It might be a better choice if you want a big bhp, mid-engined car.

daniel mason

posted on 18/7/09 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
saw the aeon in complete kit car. it was a very expensive installation. i was thinking of a good spec riot for decent money that is already registered. and could then install new engine. i have spent so much on the mnr it may have to go. was thinking zx12 or zzr1400 in the R1 powered or a honda or vag if i go cec!

there also seems to be plenty of mid engined vag turbo motors. are they a lot lighter than the 2.0l honda?

[Edited on 18/7/09 by daniel mason]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.