Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Re-test, 3rd time lucky, hopefully
LBMEFM

posted on 25/7/09 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Re-test, 3rd time lucky, hopefully

Oh well this is it my last chance. Re-test Monday AM at Gillingham. First failure untidy wiring, sharp bits, speedo, noise etc etc etc. Second failure emissions Co%vol 10.44, Co2 %vol 8.3, O2 %vol 0.06, HC 2140ppm. After Andy Bates had done his work my local garage gave me these results for the car.Co%vol 0.01, Co2%vol 14.28, O2 %vol 1.16HC 183ppm. They tell me this is fine and a pass for a 93' Fireblade engine. I do not quite get it the Co2 %vol is now higher together with the O2%vol, is this OK or is it the Co%vol and the HC ppm that is the most important bit, still concerned?.

[Edited on 25/7/09 by LBMEFM]

f1ngers

posted on 25/7/09 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
The only relevant readings for pre 95 engines is CO % VOL - Maximum 3.50 and HC ppm VOL - maximum 1200 both taken at idle. Also a visible smoke test. At least that's all that is shown on my emissions test results. As long as these 2 are within limits then you will be fine.
My pre 95 blade engine passed with CO % VOL 2.81 and HC ppm VOL 423.Incidently these readings were without any adjustment and no airbox!!
Didnt' really expect a pass but failed on many other things which I am still working through.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 25/7/09 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Fingers crossed for you mate

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

LBMEFM

posted on 25/7/09 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, Ben I think it will soon be time for us, you, me & Roger to meet up with the other Kent boys. Exciting isn't it, I hope I don't have the problems with DVLA like you. Barry
Ben_Copeland

posted on 25/7/09 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
They finally came through, paperwork in the post

Got so much i want to do with my car... dont think it'll go very far before i take it apart again lol

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

reme101

posted on 27/7/09 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
Oh well this is it my last chance. Re-test Monday AM at Gillingham. First failure untidy wiring, sharp bits, speedo, noise etc etc etc. Second failure emissions Co%vol 10.44, Co2 %vol 8.3, O2 %vol 0.06, HC 2140ppm. After Andy Bates had done his work my local garage gave me these results for the car.Co%vol 0.01, Co2%vol 14.28, O2 %vol 1.16HC 183ppm. They tell me this is fine and a pass for a 93' Fireblade engine. I do not quite get it the Co2 %vol is now higher together with the O2%vol, is this OK or is it the Co%vol and the HC ppm that is the most important bit, still concerned?.

[Edited on 25/7/09 by LBMEFM]

Good luck for today !!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.