Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Absolutely BRILLIANT Duratec engine video
omega0684

posted on 27/7/09 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Absolutely BRILLIANT Duratec engine video

for those of you like me who don't have an automotive engineering degree or years and years of engine building experience and are learning about engines as you go along, like i am, i found this video whilst doing some googling about the Duratec engine.

i think that its a brilliant video and shows you how the engine is put together and it has an animation of the engine running. its a little blurry but withstandable

Watch it on youtube here

fantastic stuff!

[Edited on 27/7/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Toltec

posted on 27/7/09 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Enjoyed that , thanks, I played 'name the part' as it was assembled. Not totally sure I got the air con and pas pumps the right way around. There is also a unit that went onto the lower, mid intake side that I did not recognise.
speedyxjs

posted on 27/7/09 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Looks cool

Will have to watch it properly when i get home and have sound

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

matt_claydon

posted on 27/7/09 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
If this is the video I think it is, you will notice that one of the pulley bolts screws in anticlockwise as it is a LH thread - great attention to detail.

Edit: same video but this version is too blurry to see the bolts screw in. Google "Deutz screensaver" for the HQ version as a screensaver.

[Edited on 27/7/09 by matt_claydon]

Agriv8

posted on 27/7/09 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toltec
Enjoyed that , thanks, I played 'name the part' as it was assembled. Not totally sure I got the air con and pas pumps the right way around. There is also a unit that went onto the lower, mid intake side that I did not recognise.

suspect but not sure that it could be oil pump ? would have to watch it again

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

James

posted on 27/7/09 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
That's soooo 2005!

That was all over the computers when I worked at Mclaren!!!

As Matt says, get the high quality screensaver (Deutz engine) version... you can see loads more.

Cheers.
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Toltec

posted on 27/7/09 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
quote:

regards

Agriv8

I thought the oil pump was the chain driven part that goes into the lower front intake side.

Toltec

posted on 27/7/09 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
quote:

regards

Agriv8

I think the oil pump is the chain driven item on the front lower inlet side.

flak monkey

posted on 27/7/09 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Theres a bit of an error in that as I dont think you can put the headbolts in once the cams are in.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.