Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Europa chassis (possibly for sale) whats it worth ?
balidey

posted on 29/7/09 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Europa chassis (possibly for sale) whats it worth ?

I have not put this in the for sale section as its more of a 'gauging interest' or getting an idea of price thread.

I have a Lotus Europa chassis, not original, but one of the remade ones. Possible from Banks, but I can find out where we got it. Its to suit the Renault engine. Good condition, although there is some surface rust. But thats all, surface rust, a wire brush and black paint will see to it.

The project we (my father and I) had for it is getting too silly in our heads and we both now realise its not going to happen, so we have decided to sell it on.

So, firstly whats it worth? Its a chassis only, no other bits.

Secondly, anyone interested? if there is interest then to keep to the rules I can move this to the for sale section, but I won't be able to reply to posts in there until I have become a contributor at the end of the month (payday).

Toltec

posted on 29/7/09 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
This place http://www.lotusbits.com/LotusElan.html sell an Elan or Excel chassis for £500/£600. It also lists various other suspension parts.

Any help?

balidey

posted on 29/7/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks.
I've no idea how similar the chassis are, but its certainly something to start with.

scootz

posted on 29/7/09 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Ps... I have a 'spare' 1969 Europa for sale in the classified ads. Needs complete restoration, but most parts are there and in decent condition.

I know you say you plan to abandon your project... but if you were interested I'd consider taking your chassis in P/X against my car - I'd arrange delivery / collection!

balidey

posted on 29/7/09 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer scootz.
We did want a Europa, which is why when we were offered the chassis many many years ago we bought it. But its been stored for so long and a Europa needing a chassis has never appeared at the right time / location / condition / price.

So our plan was to hack off the back, fit an Audi engine in it. Make suspension from scratch, god knows what for the body.
basically the ideas got too big, so we have decided to sell the chassis and engine.

But now you come up with this offer of a car. I'll pass on the details of your other thread to my dad, he may well be interested. But don't hold your breath as its only taken 10 or 15 years to decide to sell something.

scootz

posted on 30/7/09 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
LOL... I know the feeling!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.