Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Last to SVA?
adithorp

posted on 4/8/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Last to SVA?

With the posts of cars getting re-test passes, it got me thinking; Of those with a failure and still putting them right...

Who's going to get the last SVA pass?

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Dangle_kt

posted on 4/8/09 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Me. I have until 23rd oct. I have cancelled 5 detests so far, and am pretty sure I will fail my next one on the 1st sept due to noise and emissions. I'll then have to resort to taking it to a rolling road and buying an expensive special airbox I bet!

Still I started with three pages of fails, so I'm doing ok I guess!

f1ngers

posted on 4/8/09 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
It could be me as I have until 23rd October as well but no retest booked yet. Still working through my 3 pages of fails although despite not touching the fuelling or using an airbox I did pass on emmisions and also scraped a pass on noise
StevieB

posted on 4/8/09 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
Me. I have until 23rd oct. I have cancelled 5 detests so far, and am pretty sure I will fail my next one on the 1st sept due to noise and emissions. I'll then have to resort to taking it to a rolling road and buying an expensive special airbox I bet!

Still I started with three pages of fails, so I'm doing ok I guess!

I failed on noise and emissions first time round - got through with 2 decibel killers in the exhaust and removed the air filter altogether for the emissions test, and the tester let me fiddle with the carbs until all the values were within range.

Car ran like poo with the noise restrictors, but now that I have a shiney MAC waiting to be magic'd into license plates, they've 'fallen out of the exhaust' (and back into Guiness's possession at some point...)

james h

posted on 16/8/09 at 02:44 AM Reply With Quote
I win! I have until 27th October... Although my massive list should be much much smaller after Wednesday's first retest

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.