Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec & R6 Throttle Bodies
Bumble

posted on 5/8/09 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec & R6 Throttle Bodies

Hi all……recently purchased some R6 throttle bods from another member on this site (very nice they are too) with manifold to suit Zetec engine. The original fuel rail has been “cut and shut “ to suit the Zetec but as the guy who sold them said he could not guarantee it and recommended a new rail be made from a single billet. Two questions…..(1) anyone know where I can get one of these made to suit and approx cost. …..(2) can the fuel rail from the Zetec be mod’d to suit the bike injectors as I have this too?
Appreciate your comments.
Cheers,
Matt Rescued attachment IMG_4573.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG_4573.JPG

omega0684

posted on 5/8/09 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
get in touch with 'flak monkey' on the forum he might be able to make you a custom fuel rail
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
will121

posted on 5/8/09 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
its said that the standard black top injectors and fuel rail will fit the R6 throttle bodies on a zetec, hava a look at previous thread.
previous thread

[Edited on 5/8/09 by will121]

robocog

posted on 5/8/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is cut and shut, and if I did ever sell up I would also say similar to the buyer

Having said that, I'm not planning on selling it and has been fine so far (fitted last winter) and is just something that gets checked now and again just to satisfy myself that its not going to cremate me alive

How is yours joined back together?
Did the chap say?
(mine has sleeves internally and was brazed together by me- after unsucessfully being soldered using plumbers solder first time round)

Regards
Rob

jpindy3

posted on 5/8/09 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
wont the r6 tbs be a bit small,or dont it make any odds.
Numb nuts

posted on 5/8/09 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I am running a 1.8 silver top on sandwich injector plate with 2.0l injectors and R6 throttle bodies, runs well and really easy to set up.

The engine and throttle body set up is coming out at the end of summer to make way for another...bigger...heart so will be up for grabs eventually.

Will also have a 1.8 blacktop with 2.0l cams up for grabs as well Steve

robocog

posted on 5/8/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Running mine on a 2l silvertop and they seem fine, not been on a RR so no numbers to show, but it has enough grunt to keep me happy...for now

Doubt putting bigger TB's on would be beneficial to a std cammed motor, and could possibly make low RPM running go seriously wrong (and horrible to drive in traffic etc)

(amazed when I first looked at the logs at how little throttle is used during "normal" driving)

Too big a tip in and it will just be a bitch to tune and I doubt will have a good drivability on normal roads

Regards
Rob

big_wasa

posted on 5/8/09 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Image deleted by owner

The rail was sleved over the top, overlaping by 2mm and tig'ed around.

I didnt get chance to presure test it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.