Poll: does anyone actually think F1 is worth watching? [View Results]
yes
no

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: does anyone actually think F1 is worth watching?
stephen_gusterson

posted on 21/3/04 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
does anyone actually think F1 is worth watching?

?

Carl.H

posted on 21/3/04 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Only the highlights are worth watching.
WRC is much better

I drink to make other people interesting.

200mph

posted on 21/3/04 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
its better than it used to be...

Mark

Carl.H

posted on 21/3/04 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
it’s better, but I think there are still far to many regulations.

I drink to make other people interesting.

madforfishing

posted on 21/3/04 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
I know it breeds new technology for the road etc but it just doesn't float my boat. Rather watch Rallycross, Touringcars or my chassis rusting in my crap workshop.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stephen_gusterson

posted on 21/3/04 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
when I started watching F1 a lot from about 1989, there were 32 drivers, and they had to have friday pre qulifying to kick 6 out.

teams came and went, but at least it was entertaining and there was variety

now we struggle to have 20 drivers, and two teams - jordan and minardi - are dead on their feet. The lack of sponsorship on the jordan is prominent in its absense

did anyone notice that twat james allen say that F1 cars rev to 18000+ - and compare that to your mondeo when the engine would explode at 6,000

total atter twat.

the BBC website calls the race a thrilling duel between shu and montoya.

did i miss that bit?

Can anyone please tell me a race when shu was actually properly figting for a lead with anyone - I mean proper switching of places lap after lap exchanging lead _ think you have to go back to the hill / schu era for that

atb

steve

[Edited on 21/3/04 by stephen_gusterson]

macspeedy

posted on 21/3/04 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
to many regs for me
200mph

posted on 21/3/04 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
so none of you watch it?

I'm sure you'll agree its better than every other channel on a sunday afternoon, but yes...it is a very long way off compelling viewing.

Mark

chris.russell

posted on 21/3/04 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
not to sound to bad natured but I enjoy it when there is a good crash, adds to the interest seeing the drivers run for there lives to get into the spare motors and get revenge on the silly git who caused the crunch!

Mines a pint

JoelP

posted on 21/3/04 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
and compare that to your mondeo when the engine would explode at 6,000

yeah, what a gimp... he comes out with some right crap.

like when he wondered if the renault was faster than the mclaren! course it is the idiot... the renault has an internal combustion engine in it, its bound to be faster. Mclaren need to get a new steam engine supplier...

M@Triton

posted on 21/3/04 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Best you watch the GP bikes then...far more exciting than Farty one..technical they maybe but even that is coming to Moto GP's now.....
Even the 125 class makes farty one look tame!...no duffers commenting on it either.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
suparuss

posted on 21/3/04 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
i was just gonna mention moto gp. you can really see how hard they push the bikes, and there is usually some pretty good fighting at the front. i can remember one race a saw (not thatinto it so cant rememver what hwere or when) but some guy had a green bike that was smaller than the rest, probably 900cc vs all the 1000's and he was proper hammering it round and i think he ended up in second. thats entertainment.
f1 gp is garbage these days, someone ought shoot schumacher, or put him in a something that isnt the best car on the track and see if hes still the best driver! then again hell prolly cheat his way to first as usual.

Dick Axtell

posted on 21/3/04 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Touring Cars

F1 no longer grabs my attention. Prefer watching touring cars, or possibly Superbikes. Isn't that the one with Suzy Perry???
BTW - what happened to touring cars vis-a-vis TV?? Which channel got the rights?

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

zetec

posted on 21/3/04 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
I used to like watching when Mansell was racing. You got the feeling that he would do all he could to win, and not give up till the flag was waving.
JamJah

posted on 21/3/04 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have to watch it. now i only watch it when im in. but then again i did live in woking!
i think we need night racing in f1. even with a speed limiter in place or something. for me night racing/rallying is more of a buzz to watch. many will disagree im sure.

suparuss

posted on 21/3/04 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
have the drivers wear blind fold, and have the pit team direct them via morse code to get em round the track!!
David Jenkins

posted on 22/3/04 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by suparuss
i was just gonna mention moto gp. you can really see how hard they push the bikes, and there is usually some pretty good fighting at the front.

I like the way that in almost every race, there are 4 or 5 bikes in a line in the last lap, and almost any one of them could win - they're all on the ragged edge, and the slightest mistake lets the next bloke through. Either that, or some rider will take some outrageous risk and either get away with it, or crash!

And even in the races where someone's way out in front doing a schumacher, there's always a few great battles further down the field.

David

Terrapin_racing

posted on 22/3/04 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Well it was this weekend - JB on the podium!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.