Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hello all Luego Owners
Irony

posted on 10/8/09 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hello all Luego Owners

Hi all,

After much deliberation and waiting I have finally picked up my second hand part built Luego Viento.

After a year of researching new kits/manufacturers and sniffing around second hand cars I decided to go for a second hand part built car. Purely for financial reasons as it seemed to me part built kits lose money cronically. And when I came across a Luego Viento I went all misty eyed and remembered back to the Newark show not this year last year. There was a yellow viento there I think. It just seemed so big and had so much more presence than the other sevenesque cars.

Yesterday I travelled 247 miles to scotland and trailored back a rolling chassis of a Luego Viento.

It has vented discs with the relevant calipers front and back, A rear Granada diff with the drive shafts, steering rack/steering assembly, handbrake assembly, brake lines all fitted and lots of other stuff.

Also with the car came not one but two Rover V8 engines which somewhat surprised me with there weight. One is a unknown quantity with a unknown Carb thing/manifold and a automatic transmission. Some research required on that then. The second has had new piston rings and bearings and is fitted with a Holley Carb. I have to gearboxes, a automatic and a LT 77.

I know I don't know the community very well but I was hoping that if I get stuck (and I will) I could ask the questions here and receive replies from people who have actually done what I am doing.

Cheers

Irony

nick205

posted on 10/8/09 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new project

You'll always get the help you need on here and never be afraid to ask what might seem a silly question.

Any photos of all the bits and pieces you've dragged home? A few of the unknown spec RV8 might extract some info form those on here who have gone that route.

ETA....
Forgot to mention (although you can see from the avatar and sig) that I'm not a Luego owner, but you won't find any brand snobbery on here either which is nice!

[Edited on 10/8/09 by nick205]

Snuggs

posted on 10/8/09 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum

You are now a fully paid up member of the Luego owners club.

See this thread http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=93446

There are quite a number of Viento owners/builders on this site, mostly with V8's.

Clive

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Paul (Notts)

posted on 10/8/09 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the Luego owners club...

Seems like you have most of the parts to get on with the build..

I found this site an excellent sorce of info..

The best advice anyone ever gave me was..When I got stuck on something, not to use a bigger hammer but go and have a pint and do it the next day.

Not too far from me if you ever need to borrow anything. eg engine crain or stand.

I rebuilt my 3.5 V8 from scratch and now converting it to fuel injection

good luck

Paul

Irony

posted on 10/8/09 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the support guys.

As I am new to this car building business I shall certain need you guys as a source of information. Cheers for the welcomes

@Paul. I noticed that you where a short step away and thanks for the offer. Glad to hear you rebuilt your engine yourself as thats the bit I am most nervous about. You might get some pointed questions soon. Still learning is part of reason I am doing this.

jollygreengiant

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Greetings and welcome to the mad house young man. Feel free to ask questions, most of us have completed car, some are still building. There are very few questions that have not been answered (yet) so some one somewhere knows the answer.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

tomgregory2000

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the crazy house
NeilP

posted on 11/8/09 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard the good ship Luego - As you're now an official member of the club please remember to add the line 'damn ye eyes' at all possible opportunities.

Don't ask!

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

jollygreengiant

posted on 11/8/09 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Welcome aboard the good ship Luego - As you're now an official member of the club please remember to add the line 'damn ye eyes' at all possible opportunities.

Don't ask!

Arrrr, Jim lad, peices of seven, Arrrr.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

wilkingj

posted on 11/8/09 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the Nut house!.

Have a look at your engine numbers (on the top face of the block usually on left hand side when looking forwards (in the car).

Then go to this site...Yes its a Ford Capri site
Linky

You should be able to determine which engine is what.
You want the later engine with the thicker block and webs across it.

Post the numbers on this thread, if they dont appear on the list.

Cheers

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Numb nuts

posted on 12/8/09 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the funny farm, all the animals here are very different but mad as a box of frogs Steve

Oh. My Luego is one of those skinny four pot ones

bj928

posted on 12/8/09 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Numb nuts
Welcome to the funny farm, all the animals here are very different but mad as a box of frogs Steve

Oh. My Luego is one of those skinny four pot ones

aaahhhh the lovely little 4 pot, makes a good starter motor for mine!!!!!!

BigFaceDave

posted on 13/8/09 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hello and welcome, I was just wondering if it was the one on ebay with virtually no pictures and a rubbish description? If it is the same one I emailed the guy a few times and got terrible messages that didnt make alot of sence and also noticed he had it listed twice on there! Both times i was higest bidder but he never replied to my email asking for a price after the auction, oh well i was a bit scared of doing the 400 miles from south norfolk to scotland! Well done on having more guts than me!Good luck with the build and will look forward to seeing pictures!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.