Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: DEMON TW@TS!!!!
MK9R

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
DEMON TW@TS!!!!

7 weeks after returning my faulty race suit (4-6week service appently), and being promised return delivery dates that never happened, i've just been informed my suit wasn't on the shipment back from Sparco last week, and they are now closed until September!!!!!!! I've asked them what they are going to do about it and the answer is nothing! I have asked for a replacement suit as this is just not acceptable, but was then told that until they know if Sparco are going to repair it or replace it they won't ship me another suit!! How the f*ck don't they know the answer to this after 7 weeks!!!!!

Seriously f*cking pi$$ed off!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
sounds more like sparcos fault to me

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Guinness

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
That's shockingly bad customer service.

I'd be looking for another supplier / manufacturer and getting some sponsorship in return for some stickers on the car.

Mike

James

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Can you claim the money back on your card?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
I stopped dealing with them after a £600 intake manifold for the 2.8 v6 (pre-paid for over the phone) never arrived after about 4 months of excuses and then they claimed they knew nothing about it. Unfortunately they never sent any e-mail confirmation or a letter.

In the end it was paid back by the credit card company, but I wasn’t impressed.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK9R

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
It maybe be sparco dragging their heels, but demon tweeks are the people i bought the suit off and honour the agreement. But the most shocking is their total lack of interest in trying to help, they really don't give a monkeys! And it was also noted on my file to chase sparco up on the 12th of this month, but why do that when they kno wthey will be shut!! I just wished i paid to get it repaired rather than claiming on the warranty!! I phoning back in 10 minutes when a manager is back in

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

MK9R

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Can you claim the money back on your card?

Cheers,
James

i think i'll try that, i bought it on my credit card

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

TimC

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote

Amphlett

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Shit dude, Bad luck :-(

I know exactly what it's like to be done over like this, I've had it many times with other companies (BT included, don't get me started!)

Good luck getting it sorted, hope you get a new, good suit soon :-) Wouldn't want to let those tires get cold!

What kind of company has a break in the summer?! Especially in the middle of racing season (for a racing related company!)

Si.

www.johnnyarrow.co.uk - enjoy some original music! :-D

Guinness

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amphlett
What kind of company has a break in the summer?! Especially in the middle of racing season (for a racing related company!)
Si.

That would be almost any Italian firm........

Mike

aka Keith

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
austen, speak to your local citizens advice. Surely your contract is with Demon XXXXX not Sparco and therefore they are in breach of contract if the goods are faulty.

cheers
Craig

Amphlett

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
quote:
Si.

Mike

I didn't know this!

Bloody Europeans!

Wish my job had a summer break!

Si.

www.johnnyarrow.co.uk - enjoy some original music! :-D

Vindi_andy

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
quote:
Si.

Mike

I didn't know this!

Bloody Europeans!

Wish my job had a summer break!

Si.

Some french ones too

I deal with both french and italian factories in my job and you just know they both shut down for august

Flamez

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
can you share what the defect in the suit is?

my build mac1motorsports

Richard Quinn

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aka Keith
austen, speak to your local citizens advice. Surely your contract is with Demon XXXXX not Sparco and therefore they are in breach of contract if the goods are faulty.

cheers
Craig
It's generally not that simple as it is the manufacturer that offers the warranty not the retailer. I agree that it is not the best example of customer service as Tweeks should have pressed for an answer before the Sparco shutdown. The flipside is that Tweeks don't want to give a replacement suit out at risk of Sparco then saying that they are repairing the old one.
We have similar issues on an industrial scale. A lot of our plant comes from our sister company in Germany. They quite often let us down and it is us that has to face the customer with what is generally considered to be an unsatisfactory response despite us doing what we can to help. There are different ways of handling these things though and it seems that Tweeks have gone for the "can't be *rsed" option.

MK9R

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flamez
can you share what the defect in the suit is?

The seam just fell apart on one leg, it looked like the material was cut too short so as soon as it was worn it pulled away from the stitching

Just spoke to a manager who, for the first time was very helpful. Although i fear that when (if) she rings back tomorrow the suit will still be stuck somehwere.

Called my credit card company, unfortunetly only covered for 120 days

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Humbug

posted on 10/8/09 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Your contract is with Demon Thieves and they should supply goods fit for purpose and as described, so it's up to them to resolve your issue... of course, they may want to go back to the manufacturer, but that's their dispute
SteveWalker

posted on 10/8/09 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
For a private purchase the manufacturer's warranty is just a backup, the sale of goods act puts the responsibility for any problems on the retailer.
twybrow

posted on 10/8/09 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Your contract is with Demon Thieves and they should supply goods fit for purpose and as described, so it's up to them to resolve your issue... of course, they may want to go back to the manufacturer, but that's their dispute

Agreed with Mr Humbug. It makes no difference if they say "we need to talk to Sparco". your contract for purchase was with DT. It is by no menas your concern what Sparco say - that is up to DT. Demand a refund, and then if they want to claim the cost of that refund back from Sparco, then so be it.

Black Cat

posted on 10/8/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Most of Italy closes down during the month of August. Its when they have their feast days and all Italians go back to their home towns from all over Italy and those who can from around the world.
GeorgeM

posted on 10/8/09 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
as above, contract is between you & DT.

Quote sale of goods act & trading standards to them.
If the goods were faulty, they should replace.
What they & Sparco do is not your concern.

Tell them they have 7 days to sort or you will contact trading standards.

GeorgeM

gingerpaule

posted on 12/8/09 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
As above, your contract is with Demon Thieves. Sparco could go bust tomorrow and they'd still have to sort you out.

DT have to provide you with a suit to the standard expected in a reasonable amount of time. How they do this is up to them. They could supply you with a new suit or send your one away to be repaired. If they cannot get Sparco to sort it quickly then they need to give you a new suit. 7 weeks is too long in my opinion.

Here's what I'd do. Send them a letter recorded delivery saying that you find this delay unacceptable and quote the sales of goods act. Tell them they have 7 days to send you a suit or you will take them to court. If you don't hear back from them in 7 days then go through the small claims court and get your money back. Any reasonable costs incurred can be added to you claim. It costs something like £30 to start a claim and can be done online.

Edited to add that I've also had lots of problems getting hold of Sparco clothing for team kit through DT. Once an order of fleeces took 4 months to arrive and they were off the shelf. We did the branding ourselves!

[Edited on 12/8/09 by gingerpaule]

MK9R

posted on 12/8/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Should have a final answer from DT today, so will plan course of action after that

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

MK9R

posted on 12/8/09 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
After plenty of phone calls to a manager, at last a satisfactory result!

Even though they couldn't speak to anyone at Sparco and don't even really know why mine was sent to France, A brand new suit is being despatched today.

I really am going to make an effort to keep the oil off this one!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.