Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locosters Alert!!!!! Silverstone parade lap UPDATED
pointy

posted on 19/8/09 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Locosters Alert!!!!! Silverstone parade lap UPDATED

Locosters of the world....

It is ten years since the first locost race meeting and to celebrate this you are all invited to attend the race meeting due to be held on Saturday August the 22 at Silverstone.

Admission £10.00 (PP per day ) unless you are a 750 motor club member then you gain entry for half price.
I Can now confirm a Parade lap is going to take place during the Lunchbreak on SATURDAY ONLY. for all Locost cars including the current racers.
Those wishing to participate (Drivers and Passengers) MUST sign on at race admin Office. Drivers please ensure you bring your licience... All participants must have eye protection (crash helmet) if you do not have a windscreen, seats and harnessess are also required.

Parking for the road going Locosts is available in the car park behind the Diner.. Hopefully we will have sufficient road and race cars to stagger you all during the lap.
A Bar-B-Q is to be held after the days racing (I shall supply Some Burgers and Sausages) available for all to use.
A Packed weekends racing will include the locost race, Formula Vee, Road going bikes (RGB) and 4 races involving the tin tops (Stock hatch, MR2's, Golfs and SR and GT.) This is all included in your admission price.
We have also been given the free use of the main grandstand.
So for a tenner you will get a days racing, the chance to stretch out in the glorious sunshine ( Fingers crossed) a chat with the racers and to drive round silverstone's hallowed tarmac on a slow lap showing off your pride and joy.

Please post to give me an idea of the expected numbers.

Andy p (pointy)
Any questions
pointer.family@tiscali.co.uk

[Edited on 19/8/09 by pointy]

[Edited on 19/8/09 by pointy]

Trev D

posted on 19/8/09 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
See you there.
madteg

posted on 19/8/09 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
What time have we got to be there ?
locoR1

posted on 19/8/09 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Already posted in the other thread but im coming along with 2 other locosts that don't post on here!

Looks like the sunshine you booked is here

Cheers Dave..

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

Rob F

posted on 19/8/09 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'm planning on coming along. Not been to a 750 meeting for ages.
Rob

Kev99

posted on 19/8/09 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I may come along too but would I be able to park the Mk with everyone elce? (don't expect to do parade lap)

Kev....

pointy

posted on 19/8/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic,

Love to see you all there,

Kev and other kit car drivers, please come over and watch some fantastic racing and perhaps blag a passenger ride if pos.

IT would be great to see an equal number of road and race cars.
Andy p
Locost68

procomp

posted on 20/8/09 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I'll take the passenger seat and spare set of belts for one of the racers to fit a passenger in if anyone hasn't managed to blag a passenger ride round.

Just remember protective eye ware.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 23/8/09 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
So - how did it go?

I wish I'd gone - the fence that I had to put up this weekend took precisely 2 hours on Saturday morning, including driving out to get some screws. It was all finished by 10:30.

I thought that it would take 1.5 - 2.0 days!

locoR1

posted on 23/8/09 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
You missed a great day out David.

First of all thanks to Andy P for organising this and booking the glorious weather
everyone that went thoroughly enjoyed it even the wife's that came along.

This is the second parade ive done at Silverstone last one was a few years ago for 10 Years of the locost looked really impressive managed to make a bit of room a couple of times was surprised how much grip the circuit has!

Didn't get any decent pictures of the racing as i forgot my proper camera so had to make do with the wife's
The last picture is the last lap of the locost race you dont get allot closer than that across the line! some realy good racing but would have to say the locosts are by far the best to watch or am i biased?

Dave.........

Me being a tart as you do

Trev D showing off as usual

Last lap of locost race

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

TimC

posted on 24/8/09 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Was good to see some familiar cars from here.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say Hello. Does anyone know where there are more photos of the racing?

Ta

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.