Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: remote gearchange
cwollen

posted on 13/9/09 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
remote gearchange

My locost has a crossflow 1300gt engine and gearbox. Does anone know who can supply a remote chang as the gear leaver is too far forward obiously its four speed
thanks

55ant

posted on 13/9/09 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
quick search only found one on the bay, but its not for your gear box! so this is pretty useless!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Remote-gear-linkage-suit-Locost-Westfield-Kit-Car_W0QQitemZ270454252521QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash =item3ef85463e9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

panichat

posted on 13/9/09 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Here we go...

Try Tiger Racing at www.tigerracing.com.
They do a budget one for £10.45 (although you'll need to fabricate the link arm).

Cheers
Dave

Michael

posted on 13/9/09 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
From what i understand the only ones for Four speed leave the end plug off the Gearbox casing.

I made my own, by cutting down the original gearlever, but you have to remove reverse gate from the box then add a link under the transmission tunnel top rail to another lever at the desired area.

My extra lever is an antiroll bar drop link, cut in half and M10 thread on the top for original ball.

Its not my own design, i saw a fellow Locost'r had done it.

arrow-engineering

posted on 21/9/09 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
extender

i did the same, used an old knackered ball joint and welded the gearstick that i had cut off to it and then made a link between that and what was left of the original gearstick, was a very nice shift, you can design in some ratio and make a quickshift

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.