Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Welsh Idiot again!! GIPRO help this time
rob2005

posted on 18/9/09 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Welsh Idiot again!! GIPRO help this time

Sorry guys i know im a pain in the you know where now but once again need your help.

I Have a GIPRO K04 Indicator fitted and again since playing around with the loom its not quite working correctly. Before it didnt miss a beat so im hoping you can help me once again.

Now the live is spliced into the power commander live so im not sure if this could be the issue so i thought id check first.

It basically is now showing 5 or 6 at tickover but if the engine isnt running but ignition is on it will display 0 in neutral as it should.

Im also missing a few gears and ive tried 3/4 times to 'teach' it the gears in Learn mode but so far no luck.

Any ideas on this one my helpful friends??

[Edited on <pm 03Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:49:00 +0000UTCf= by rob2005]

Fortune favours the brave!!

blakep82

posted on 18/9/09 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
does it change if you rev the engine up?
i'm wondering if its connected to some sort of fixed voltage output on the power commander, which is only at that voltage when the engines running.

i have never had any dealings with power commanders or bike engines etc.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

rob2005

posted on 18/9/09 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
No it stays in 5th or 6th gear when reved in neutral.

As soon as you select a gear it will change to read 1st etc

It does miss a few gears to now when i test drove it but im sure thats down to the Learn function.

Ive traced everything back and checked the plugs and connections so a bit stumped really.

iiyama

posted on 18/9/09 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got the DG8 rob and have noticed that if you change through the gears for 'normal' road use then all is good except in 6th. When in 6th the display cycles between 1st and 6th.

If you thrash the crap out of it on a pvt road, then all gears display properly. Ive also noticed that if you hold a gear for longer even at proper road speeds then the display reads correctly.

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

rob2005

posted on 18/9/09 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
It was spot on before I removed it to move the loom. Ever gear displayed correctly with no fluctuations of numbers or missed gears.

It's plug and play do unless I've plugged it in to the wring plug I'm a bit stumped.

iiyama

posted on 19/9/09 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
OK then back track!!

If it worked well before and isnt now then whats changed? If its just the point at which youve spliced the +ve into the loom then put it back where it was before.

Or couldnt you help yourself and have changed everything??

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

rob2005

posted on 19/9/09 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Couldnt help myself, its all been moved over the past 8 solid days on it.

Ive just had a reply from Healtech and they've told me to do just that so im going to give it a new supply and move it.

Trial and error maybe..

You know when you wish you never started something well it wont beat me so ill have another play today i think..

iiyama

posted on 20/9/09 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Good man! Sorted it yet then??

rob2005

posted on 21/9/09 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Well drove the car over the wekend ands as before its working fine through the gears (although no 6th showing).

When i stop and select neutral with the engine running it shows 0. If i then use my hazards it instantly goes to 5th then 6th and flashes in sync with hazards i have no idea why as its not even wired into anything to do with the lights etc.

Im not sure if its getting feedback from a close wire or something..... bloody electrics.

Ill get some pics up of the 99% finished engine bay, looks so better.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.