Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SETTING UP SUSPENSION
dave107

posted on 20/10/09 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
SETTING UP SUSPENSION

Help

When setting up the suspension ie: ride height, tracking, camber, toe in/out and all other settings is there a correct order to follow so setting already done don't get messed up.

Dave107

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 20/10/09 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
It's iterative, but ride hight and corner weights would be where I would start.. Just remeber to set the ride heights with driver and passenger (or dummy weights)....

Dan

[Edited on 20/10/09 by Bluemoon]

MK9R

posted on 20/10/09 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said. You will have to keep going round and round making smaller and smaller adjustments as they all effect each other. Something change other thing more than others, for example changing the camber on my fury effects the toe more than the toe effects the camber, so you will learn which order to do things in so changes to one thing minimises changes on another.

What a rambling!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 20/10/09 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
^^^ Don't worry about the rambling, it's much like setting the car up; takes ages (take your time, and don't expect to do it in less than a weekend if your doing it using spirit levels and string, and a bit of trig!!).. Also write down all the settings once done so you can use this as a baseline for further changes..

Dan

PumaWestie

posted on 20/10/09 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Ride heights
Corner weights
Camber
Tracking

Then recheck

dave107

posted on 20/10/09 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Thank guys.

When doing corner weights do you loosen wishbone bolts and shocks, think i read that somewhere.

Dave107

hampshe

posted on 20/10/09 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Before all these things ensure the floor is dead level (at least under all the wheels)
antonio

posted on 20/10/09 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave107
Thank guys.

When doing corner weights do you loosen wishbone bolts and shocks, think i read that somewhere.

Dave107

no need IMO, unless your car is brand new with 0 miles.
cheers

MakeEverything

posted on 20/10/09 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave107
Thank guys.

Dave107

The reason for this is to minimise Stiction at the bushes, preventing the wishbone from travelling without pressure.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

PumaWestie

posted on 20/10/09 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Of course if you have rose joints there is no need for this. However, I would also disconenct any anti roll bars as well and reconnect them when finished but do not forget to adjust the drop links to suit the normal loaded weight of the car to eliminate preload in them

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.