Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: slave cylinder problem
grant818

posted on 1/11/09 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
slave cylinder problem

i am in the middle of installing a yamaha fzr 1000 engine to my locost i have it all bolted in to place now the problem i have noticed is that the sprocket has a cover over it that the clutch slave cylinder bolts to which is obviosly in line with the push rod but the engine wasnt designed for being placed into a car running a propshaft so this the problem it the sprocket sits underneath the slave cylinder so when i eventually get my sprocket to prop adaptorit will bolt in to place but i will not be able to mount the slave cylinder to the cover cause the prop will be in the way does any one know a way of getting round this or know anyonewho hasinstalled one of these engines ,, please help me !!!!
mookaloid

posted on 1/11/09 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
convert it to cable operation

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

bigrich

posted on 1/11/09 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
cut the cover where the prop will fit, then if need be space the cylinder out and have a pushrod made as per standard plus the spacer length. seen it done on a blackbird engine and also a cbr1000rr.

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

phelpsa

posted on 2/11/09 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigrich
cut the cover where the prop will fit, then if need be space the cylinder out and have a pushrod made as per standard plus the spacer length. seen it done on a blackbird engine and also a cbr1000rr.

Exactly what i've done with my gsxr1100 engine....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.