Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lost "saved" emails
Chippy

posted on 7/11/09 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Lost "saved" emails

Hi, uprated my AOL and now I cant find the saved email list, I know it must be on my computer somewhere but being completly computer illiterate have no idea what to do to recover it. Anybody know what I have to do, (simple for idiots language please), to get it back? Thanks Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

britishtrident

posted on 7/11/09 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
The AOL help system should have the info you require it is on there somewhere I found it for a client a couple of years back,

My general advice is when AOL gets a version upgrade don't install as it always causes problems.

No good asking anybody who knows about computers about AOL ......... they will just say get a proper ISP .

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Mansfield

posted on 7/11/09 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Have you moved from AOL 9 to AOL desktop?

Older versions of AOL stored saved emails in a file called "email.pfc". If you can find this then there must be a way of importing it into the updated software.

This might help.

AOL help

WARNING: You may find your old emails disappear after 30 days - never to return - unlike the old software. In the old version it was archived after 30 days into the email saved on my PC folder. You need to tick a box to make this happen in AOL desktop. I lost about 45 days worth before I realised.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.