Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT PLANET ROCK XMAS PARTY - 02/12/09
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 13/11/09 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
OT PLANET ROCK XMAS PARTY - 02/12/09

Wish we were nearer to ths gig
just dropped in to my in box from planet rock Think some may want to see mr moore and his axe
PLANET ROCK XMAS PARTY - 02/12/09

We are absolutely delighted to announce that the legendary GARY MOORE will be headlining a very special Planet Rock Xmas Gig on 2nd December at the O2 ISLINGTON ACADEMY.

Joining Moore as his special guests will be Justin Hawkins' latest outfit Hot Leg. The former Darkness front man and his band bring their high energy 'man rock' to the O2 Academy for one night only. Spandex and air-guitar at the ready!

Finally, kick starting our show will be fine new rockers the Hovercraft Pirates.

We're charging a bargain £18 for tickets this year literally to cover our costs, but for that you will get three great bands and a packed evening of hard-rocking fun.

Here are the details:

Date: 2nd December
Venue: O2 Academy Islington
Doors: 7pm
Price: £18
Tickets On Sale: Friday 9am

CLICK HERE TO BUY:

http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?filler1=see&n|showname=coming&showname=planet%20rock%20xmas%20gig&filler2=&filler3=id1prock&am p;orderby=date

zilspeed

posted on 14/11/09 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Pat

It pains me to say this, because I think Gary Moore is fantastic.

However...

I know two lifelong Gary Moore fans who have both seen him once at different gigs.
Both said the same thing, it was knee bucklingly loud.

It takes a lot for rock fans to say this. By all accounts, the band gets squeezed onto a corner of the stage, Gary assembles an array of 4 x 100W Marshall heads, each with 2 x 4 x 12 cabs. Tehn he turns everything up to 12, which as we all know is 1 louder than 11.

At this point, the audience are pinned to the back wall with their brains trying to escape the gig through their earholes.

I love Gary's playing, but I reckon I'll be listening from a safe distance. Home.

flak monkey

posted on 14/11/09 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
He isnt that loud Fantastic live though, and his gigs around here are always sold out.

Went to see a band a couple of weeks ago called Kylesa who were rediculously loud, but the sound quality was good in a small venue so it wasnt a bad thng. 2 drummers, 2 guitarists, 2 singers and a bassist.

The worst thing is loud poor quality sound, that hurts

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

chrsgrain

posted on 14/11/09 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I think the reason rock fans have long hair is so they can hide their ear defenders....

CHris

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

BenB

posted on 14/11/09 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
Gary Moore = good
Justin Hawkins = bell end

IMHO....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.