Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viento - Fitting Windscreen and all the gubbins...
Paradoxia0

posted on 3/12/09 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Viento - Fitting Windscreen and all the gubbins...

Hi All

I am planning on fitting my windscreen to my Viento this weekend. I have had it sat in the garage for a couple of years (got it with the part built car).

Does anyone on here have any advice about doing this? Things to watch out for, things to avoid, good heaters/wipers etc. I should look into as for some reason this part seems a bigger job than building the car the more I am thinking about it!

Thanks

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

whitestu

posted on 3/12/09 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
It is quite a big job.

My only tip would be make sure everything is in the right place before you drill any holes in the bodywork.

I'd also try to look at another Viento with a screen fitted before you start as that might help to avoid any mistakes.

Stu

Bluemoon

posted on 3/12/09 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
^^ yep lot's of planing, particularly if you are to fit a heater, wipers, etc. Think about where the wiper wheel boxes are to go, make-sure the tube connection for the wheel boxes is as straight as possible (if using Lucas/mini setup). If you are retro fitting a heater space might be a big issue...

Take your time and look to see how others have done it..

Dan

Steve Lovelock

posted on 3/12/09 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted a heater out of a Polo and it is very compact and works beautifully. Wipers were a second hand set from a Westfield that were also easy to fit, I think that the Westy boys take the screens off a lot so they do come up on eBay.

Good luck fitting the screen, it's nothing to be scared of and very rewarding once done.

I then made a little hood having lifted the idea from another Luego driver and it makes a massive difference to the year round usability of the car. Do a search on this forum for the details.

Steve

rusty nuts

posted on 3/12/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
If not already done make sure you take the glass out of the frame before drilling and tapping for the fixing screws. At least one Luego owner didn't and broke the glass
Paradoxia0

posted on 8/12/09 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice guys.

I am still determined I want to fit the screen. I have it sat around so just need to get on with it (I think one put off was that the previous builder made such a hash of the screen...)

I'll let you all know how much I break!

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

RK

posted on 9/12/09 at 01:21 AM Reply With Quote
I have had a difficult time with my wiper arrangement. Basically, it was binding because the motor wasn't cinched down enough, and wanted to move, causing the cable to bend. So make sure it's really solidly attached before you put the wipers etc on and try it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.