Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost Series 2010
steveiow

posted on 3/12/09 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
Locost Series 2010

So does anyone know when registration for 2010 season will open and how to apply?

Also when the 2010 calendar will be announced?

Got the car, done the ARDS, just need to join up and get amongst the action!

Steve

[Edited on 3/12/09 by steveiow]

GMPMotorsport

posted on 4/12/09 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Details won't be out this side of Xmas, best to contact Robin Knight at the 750MC. 01379 741641 he is the main man.
the Locost rep is Andy Pointer 07951 696172 hope that helps.

www.gmpdevelopments.co.uk
www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk
ARDS Instructer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 4/12/09 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Andy has stepped-down but Im not aware if a new rep has been appointed yet.

Andy should still be able to help. If you have any specific questions about your first event etc drop me a U2U. I did the last 4 races this year - my racing debut. What's the spec on the car - yes, I know its a Locost, but who built the chassis, engine and what drivetrain are you running?

Also, tune to MotorsTV at 21:15 tonight.

blackie

posted on 4/12/09 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard Steve - see you out there next year.

Keep an eye on the 750MC website, I'm sure someone will post here also when it becomes available.

ATB

Dave Black

mlees91
Junior Builder

Posts 44
Registered 17/3/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: i am not but i race in the 750mc locost seris

posted on 7/12/09 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
did u like watching yourself win then david?

things should be up at the start of the year cus i was in a smiliar persition 2 u last yr when it was coming up to my first race

blackie

posted on 7/12/09 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
....my "maiden" race lap around Donnington was 2min9seconds - you're well ahead of me already Max!

Haven't seen the footage yet, but it'll be on the tube / chanel 5 before long hopefully.

Been replaying it in my head since September

ATB

DB

TimC

posted on 7/12/09 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
What was really apparent Dave was the pace you had down Rev-out straight. You're drag was always better than those around you. Have the scrutes had your head off???

What was also interesting was the varying angles of dangle through the chicane - poor Sian's car looked a mess through there in particular!

procomp

posted on 8/12/09 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Higher speed carried through the corners down the straight is where the pace is coming from. Having the extra power of some will help even more next year.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 8/12/09 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
While we are on the subject of engines... my top tip for most improved next year: Dave Boucher. That motor he's built is an absolute beauty. Mine was probably above average in terms of performance but if I got a drag on Dave I could pull-out down the Revett get alongside and he'd then pull back in front. Front runners aside, he's the only one I couldn't pass that way. Proof positive that you don't need to spend an absolute fortune with Randall!

Oh, I think Campbell will be quick too in a new bio car.

mlees91
Junior Builder

Posts 44
Registered 17/3/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: i am not but i race in the 750mc locost seris

posted on 8/12/09 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blackie
....my "maiden" race lap around Donnington was 2min9seconds - you're well ahead of me already Max!

Haven't seen the footage yet, but it'll be on the tube / chanel 5 before long hopefully.

Been replaying it in my head since September

ATB

DB

channel 5 next monday night tuesday morning

simes43

posted on 9/12/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
While we are on the subject of engines... my top tip for most improved next year: Dave Boucher. That motor he's built is an absolute beauty. Mine was probably above average in terms of performance but if I got a drag on Dave I could pull-out down the Revett get alongside and he'd then pull back in front. Front runners aside, he's the only one I couldn't pass that way. Proof positive that you don't need to spend an absolute fortune with Randall!

Oh, I think Campbell will be quick too in a new bio car.

Proof positive that those with access to an engineering shop and have expertise in building race engines
can build a unit for less than those who don’t.

After the Scrutineering disasters of the last couple of years, those that stay within the rules will benefit
from a far more rigorous approach by the officials in 2010.

TimC

posted on 9/12/09 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Has anyone made a serious suggestion that someone is outside the rules?

And, even if you don't have your prerequisites you still don't need to spend the money - you could start by talking to Mr Boucher.

simes43

posted on 9/12/09 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Has anyone made a serious suggestion that someone is outside the rules?

And, even if you don't have your prerequisites you still don't need to spend the money - you could start by talking to Mr Boucher.

The proof is already in the hands of the 750mc.

The task now is to make sure that everyone is within the rules and the level of scrutiny mirrors stock hatch, vee etc throughout the season.

Perhaps we should compile a list of all the things you cannot legally do to the engine? This will help clear up any grey areas and help the officials.

Hats off to Mr Boucher to offer to build and supply everyone with an engine for free.

Put me down for two.

TimC

posted on 9/12/09 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Simon,

I'm not sure if you're deliberately trying to come across as petulant.

It sounds like you may well justifiably have an axe to grind, but making the leap from my comments regarding Dave Boucher, or my well-meant jape with Mr Black and either problems with illegal engines or 'free' engines could easily be misinterpreted and cause problems.

I was merely suggesting that if someone wanted a good race engine, built carefully within the regulations, they could do worse than talking with Dave - I'm sure he and/or his contacts would want paying for the job - just not Randall prices.

Dear-oh-dear.

TC

Edit to add punctuation.

[Edited on 9/12/09 by TimC]

simes43

posted on 9/12/09 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Simon,

I'm not sure if you're deliberately trying to come across as petulant.

It sounds like you may well justifiably have an axe to grind, but making the leap from my comments regarding Dave Boucher, or my well-meant jape with Mr Black and either problems with illegal engines or 'free' engines could easily be misinterpreted and cause problems.

I was merely suggesting that if someone wanted a good race engine, built carefully within the regulations, they could do worse than talking with Dave - I'm sure he and/or his contacts would want paying for the job - just not Randall prices.

Dear-oh-dear.

TC

Edit to add punctuation.

[Edited on 9/12/09 by TimC]

Nope, not being petulant, just making sure we are not confusing/comparing apples with Randalls, TBR etc.

It is very misleading, almost naive to suggest that one engine builder is far cheaper/better than another, without separating and then comparing the different elements each offers.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.