posted on 6/12/09 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
rally design uprights

having a look at rally design alloy upright kits,

any one used them? any good?

advantages presume there lighter? if so how much

thanks

beaver34

posted on 7/12/09 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1375_1594_1595&products_id=11815
40inches

posted on 8/12/09 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Thread about them HERE
aitch

posted on 8/12/09 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
ive just looked through the other thread and what can i say excellent value, makes it not worth looking for old parts, cleaning them, refurbing if necessary and painting

aitch

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aitch

posted on 8/12/09 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
rally designs uprihghts piccie

nice innit
and with those removeable steering arms wouldnt be a problem to make new ones to change the ackermans angles !!!!!!!!!

aitch

[Edited on 8/12/09 by aitch] Rescued attachment rally design uprights.jpg
Rescued attachment rally design uprights.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 9/12/09 at 01:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aitch
ive just looked through the other thread and what can i say excellent value, makes it not worth looking for old parts, cleaning them, refurbing if necessary and painting

aitch

How many people have had Cortina uprights fail though?

40inches

posted on 9/12/09 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

aitch

So! possible failure of the alloy upright is worth the risk, compared to cleaning and refurbishing a set of steel ones?
You did read the thread to the end?

[Edited on 9-12-09 by 40inches]

aitch

posted on 9/12/09 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

aitch

So! possible failure of the alloy upright is worth the risk, compared to cleaning and refurbishing a set of steel ones?
You did read the thread to the end?

[Edited on 9-12-09 by 40inches]

these uprights look to be substantial ??
have they been known to break from this manufacturer??

id be interested to know before i part with cash!!

edit to post: ive been back and the failed component was added after i last checked that thread, so thats actually a rally designs uright is it?

aitch

[Edited on 9/12/09 by aitch]

aitch

posted on 9/12/09 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
rally designs uprights

just been on the phone for about half an hour with the owner of Rally Designs to check this out..

he assures me that in four years of producing these uprights that ARE based on the raceleader design they have supplied almost 300 pairs with absolutely no returns or advice of failure

Although based on raceleader design they are made using an LM25 casting by a major component manufacturer with strict quality control which is heat treated to avoid grain growth in the casting, this grain growth can be seen in the failed components,

although they specify a maximum vehicle weight of 700kg, this recommendation originally comes from the raceleader product and th rally designs are of a higher quality, that he knows of they have been used in at least 1 front engined V8 successfully.

i am after speaking with him more than confident in the product. If however your not convinced then Rally Design have bought up Fords stock of cortina uprights and they are selling them for i believe £90 a pair.

i wouldnt like to see anyones business damaged due another companies parts failing.

we will all make our own choice on this

Aitch

Alex.

posted on 14/12/09 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
If however your not convinced then Rally Design have bought up Fords stock of cortina uprights and they are selling them for i believe £90 a pair.

Actually, they are the Sierra uprights, not the Cortina ones.

Thought it was too good to be true...

Alex.

aitch

posted on 14/12/09 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex.
quote:
If however your not convinced then Rally Design have bought up Fords stock of cortina uprights and they are selling them for i believe £90 a pair.

Actually, they are the Sierra uprights, not the Cortina ones.

Thought it was too good to be true...

Alex.

ooops yes sorry sierra uprights

aitch

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.