Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: excel help - mail merge?
luke

posted on 28/12/09 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
excel help - mail merge?

hey all,

need some excel help if possible. I run an explorer unit which is scouts 14 - 18, and instead of distributing health forms every activity we do, we put out a generic health form that covers all activities for that year. Now its time for these to be renewed, and im looking for a pain free way.

I currently have all the data on a excel spreadsheet, and what i was planning to do is create a letter, with all the current information we have, so parents can check, ammend as needed, and just sign. Now is there an easy way of doing it without spending hours copy and pasting data from excel to word?

I currently have the top row as data columns, then the data in rows below, so i would need to create the a seperate form for each row of the spreadsheet.

any help would be much appreciated!

Luke

[Edited on 28/12/09 by luke]

paul the 6th

posted on 28/12/09 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
not really my field of expertise but I don't know if this would come under macro's, but more 'mail merge' where you create a template letter with <autoname> and <autonumber> type tags (these are not correct format, just examples hashed up from memory) - the tags correspond to the headings of the data in excel...

so if you had a column headed "Names" and then the list of names below, all the names would magically drop into the letter...

I'm sure there's tutorials on mail merge on the net, and that's if there's no useful info in the word/excel help dialogues...

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
luke

posted on 28/12/09 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
ah excellent! dont know where i dreamed macros from! ill google and read!

any other help from anyone would be appreciated!

luke

posted on 28/12/09 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
all sorted now! now i knew what i was looking for a internet tutorial sorted it fine!

thanks!

paul the 6th

posted on 28/12/09 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
no worries buddy

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.