Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Turbo Chargecooler
001Ben

posted on 18/1/10 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Turbo Chargecooler

I need a chargecooler for my pending turbo upgrade. I have one similar to this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIQUID-WATER-AIR-ALLOY-TURBO-CHARGE-COOLER-INTERCOOLER_W0QQitemZ170403548319QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM ?hash=item27acd7cc9f

but it is too big to fit in the engine bay. I have found this:

http://www.advancedvehicletuning.co.uk/catalog2/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=32

which looks very promising however it is very expense, does anyone know anywhere that i could get one made cheaper or has anyone got one they are prepared to sell on. OI have heard that a calibra chargecooler is smaller than the one i currently have.

graememk

posted on 18/1/10 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
i dont have a intercooler on my nissan engine, it never had one from stock. there again it only blows 6 psi.

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/1/10 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
don't know, I think I'd just tig on some ducting over a large oil cooler and then flow water through it

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StrikerChris

posted on 18/1/10 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
I used a landrover 90Tdi intercooler just cause I had one lying round but ther'e plenty about on the Landrover Forums.Fitted quite nicely once I'd modded the inlet and outlet.

Is a charge cooler really neededfor your install?

[Edited on 18/1/10 by StrikerChris]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
diyer

posted on 18/1/10 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
sent u2u

Hug a Hoodie!

JAG

posted on 18/1/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
The Toyota Celica GT4 (turbocharged 4WD rally car look-a-likey) uses a water-to-air chargecooler.

I've got one for my turbo upgrade - but they are quite large. The air-to-water heat exchanger is about 300 x 450 x 100mm thick.

However I only paid £50 for mine off Ebay and it came with the water radiator but no pump.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

boggle

posted on 18/1/10 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
i have a subaru impreza sti intercooler you can have if you want it.....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

001Ben

posted on 18/1/10 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
u2u returned.

I bought a kit with the pump etc, eveything else is ok the chargecooler is just to big to fit under the bonnet. If i dont get any joy I will have to save the pennies and run without until I have saved enough .

djtom

posted on 18/1/10 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Subaru Legacy turbos use a chargecooler that isn't too massive. Usually go for sub-£50 on ebay.

Tom

MakeEverything

posted on 18/1/10 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got a pair of renault 5 intercooler and charge cooler that ill be fitting. they are plenty small enough.

The pair cost me £25....

[Edited on 18/1/10 by MakeEverything]

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

MikeR

posted on 25/1/10 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chargecooler,

If you want to advertise your business on the forum you need to register. Fozzie will probably be along soon to explain the process.

(and so she doesn't get hundreds of reports from all the other locosters - i've already reported this post)

Cheers, Mike.

Fozzie

posted on 25/1/10 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Chargecoolers post has been deleted...

Thanks Mike....

It seems as though there is a vast rise of people trawling sites, and just signing up to relieve good peeps of their hard earned, without joining in or introducing themselves......

For this reason, we are loathe to sign up newbies as 'Registered Traders' straight away... we all need to get to know them first. ....Any sooner, and an informed decision as to the person and the validity of their goods/services is impossible....

Fozzie

[Edited on 25-1-10 by Fozzie]

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

chargecooler

posted on 26/1/10 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hello

Well the OP posted a link to my site advertising my products, I did not re-advertise them or try and promote them..

He then asked for an alternative product which is similar and more cost effective, so I pointed him to an alternative site.

There are many sites/forums on the web, that do not allow people to sell without 'introducing' them selves, or a minimum number of posts before they can list items for sale. I had this with some personal Mercedes parts I wanted to sell on a Merc Forum. The issue is, just because someone owns that particular car, does not mean they wish to sit and talk about it, or tell people their life story. To some people its just a car, and a medium of getting rid of parts, which helps both parties.

I agree with the spamming issue. Some traders/sellers simply join forums to promote products. I found this link on my webstats, as it was linking to our site, and replying to a specific question about our products.

That seems very valid and above board to me, but I apologise if this is against your guidelines.

Many thanks

[Edited on 26/1/10 by chargecooler]

[Edited on 26/1/10 by chargecooler]

chargecooler

posted on 26/1/10 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
i dont have a intercooler on my nissan engine, it never had one from stock. there again it only blows 6 psi.

You should do though - if you ran and intercooler and then increase it to around a bar of boost, you will see roughly 180-200bhp, 50-70 bhp over standard.

www.chargecoolers.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.