Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Doomed, its not going to be worth having a car soon....
coozer

posted on 25/1/10 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Doomed, its not going to be worth having a car soon....

THIS spells the end for fast luxurious motors and sportscars like ours..

Whats the point I ask ya?????

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

tegwin

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Dont get me started...

Its going to cause accidents, frustration and will inevitably mean people start finding ways to cheat the system.....

What is the point of the governement meddling... I just dont get it... its changes for changes sake... there is NO benefit!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Bluemoon

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Personaly 70mph (Real speed as Sat nav ect reports) in the 7 is fast enough for me just to "windy" above for lengthy motorway run.. Any thing more than that is for track I recon..

Mabe an issue for Audi/BMW drivers etc, but after having a Ferrari speeding at ~180mph behind me on the A14 as I was passing a car I would personal be quite happy with the idea..

Dan

blakep82

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
everyone should just remove number plates. done if everyone did it, surely we couldn't ALL get in trouble lol

but not everyone would do it...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

meany

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
and who said communism was dead

yeah for Democracy

this government really is getting me down

scootz

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
No problem with that on Motorways... cars such as ours should only be seen on back-roads!

It's Evolution Baby!

irvined

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Just a good reason to use minor roads really. And anybody with their number plates still on their car after that comes out is just plain daft if you ask me anyway

http://irvined.blogspot.com

DRC INDY 7

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Ok so when they do this and nobody is speeding ie paying a fine tax will have to go up to pay for the short fall in revenue and fuel will go up because less of it is being used

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

ian86

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
what annoys me is there claiming it is to cut carbon emissions. nothing to do with road safety. so all non-petrol cars should be exempt from the speed limit then?
iank

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Where I've seen them used (mainly the A14 and A1M through the roadworks) they've increased the average speed quite considerably, far fewer traffic jams due to numpties accelerating hard and then slamming on the brakes. A14 particularly became a much nicer road after they were put up.

Average speed cameras don't tend to cause (as many) accidents as if you think you need to brake it's already too late.

On the down side it will almost certainly drive the lunatics onto the back roads so carnage will be high and it will drive them to put up gatso's on more A/B roads.

Blame sat-nav with camera warnings for their introduction though.

[Edited on 25/1/10 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

r1_pete

posted on 25/1/10 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
I find motorways flow better in the avg speed check zones, the work on the M1 in Notts has been going on for ages, 50mph for about 16 miles.

16 miles of no one cutting you up, undertaking, tailgating stressing, if this gets the motorways flowing as well, bring it on, sod the Audi, BMW, Merc look at my jacket on the little hook brigade.....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichardK

posted on 25/1/10 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be ok then, mine neither fast nor luxurious

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dlatch

posted on 25/1/10 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
i actually prefer the average speed cameras as they stop speeding much more safely than the usual fixed cameras

but what i object to is them used as a blatant tax on motorists and have nothing to do with carbon emissions if they wantedt o sort that then fix the fucking roads in the first place and stop spending the money propping up the nhs

uk really is becoming a nanny state our lives won't be our own before too long

COREdevelopments

posted on 25/1/10 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
What a load of shite!! Soon Your not going to be able to fart in public it could increase your carbon footprint!! It seems they only way they can impose things is if they mention carbon footprint and emmisions crap. Its all a money making idea and has jack to do with road safety.
Whats the point in all this modern technology and safety that goes into cars when the are trying to reduce motorway speeds? If they want us to slow down they should make us all drive morris minors but this wounldnt be any safer because a new car can stop quicker and safer going alot faster. And the big NO NO is its not carbon friendly is it. So we are F****ed!!!!!

Rob

[Edited on 25/1/10 by COREdevelopments]

jollygreengiant

posted on 25/1/10 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
16 miles of no one cutting you up, undertaking, tailgating stressing, if this gets the motorways flowing as well, bring it on, sod the Audi, BMW, Merc look at my jacket on the little hook brigade.....

SO, you've obviously NEVER experienced the Commercial drivers who for some reason seem to have a different idea of 50mph to what your speedo says and under-take you or drive THREE feet off your back end flashing you because you are NOT going fast enough for them.

There is STILL no substuitute for plenty of police in patrol cars watching the traffic and stopping and prosecuting offenders there and then. With the reminder that if your journey is 'THAT URGENT' then you should have set off earlier. And if you get held up then you get there when you arive. Its frustrating that you get held up, but accept it.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

escary

posted on 25/1/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
they have been watching us all for too long

tax the motorist and make all motoring offences reportable as solved CRIMES, this seems to be the mantra of officialdom.

I read a report yesterday that an idiot driver in Scotland was driving at 116 mph in a wee car (corsa / saxo et.c.) 3 days after passing his test crashed and killed his mate, he got 4 and a half years and a ten year ban. It's terrible that someone was killed and speed is ony a victimless crime when conditions allow but given that there was no cameras or , as i think we'd all prefer, police cars i can only assume that they knew his speed prior to the accident by tracking his personal gps receiver or mobile phone as they are better known.

get rid of all speed cameras and reinstate the removed and depleted traffic police sections, we'd all be better off. It was a standard police stop for a faulty light that caught the yorkshire ripper, i'd like to see Lord Gatso and co do the same.

As a result of the invisible phone tracking that they are doing i never carry one when out on my motorbike, as long as someone in the group has one , or carries everyones, we all have plausible denyability, maybe a thought for future 7 runs

JoelP

posted on 25/1/10 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:

SO, you've obviously NEVER experienced the Commercial drivers who for some reason seem to have a different idea of 50mph to what your speedo says and under-take you or drive THREE feet off your back end flashing you because you are NOT going fast enough for them.

i didnt realise you'd seen me, you should have waved!

They go faster because they are in a hurry, and know that you can have a speedo reading of 58 and not get prosecuted.

From the other side, why do people sit in the right lane at 50 (with a queue of commercials behind them) when the left lane is empty?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

norfolkluego

posted on 25/1/10 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
The clue's in their title 'Sustainable Development Commission' nothing to do with road safety just more ecomentalism.
Mark Allanson

posted on 25/1/10 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
These average speed cameras won't last long if we all buck the system.

Drive at 5mph for the first mile, back up the traffic, then floor it, leave the 11's and fly through the final camera at 115mph.

Once they realise they arn't working, they will scrap them.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

r1_pete

posted on 25/1/10 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:

There is STILL no substuitute for plenty of police in patrol cars watching the traffic and stopping and prosecuting offenders there and then. With the reminder that if your journey is 'THAT URGENT' then you should have set off earlier. And if you get held up then you get there when you arive. Its frustrating that you get held up, but accept it.

If people use lanes properly that is not a problem, sitting at the speed limit in the left most lane possible, only using lane 2 and 3 for overtaking.

The middle lane owners club is a different argument, which I agree camera's cant fix, yet.

gottabedone

posted on 25/1/10 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
We lose 30 billion quid a year to fraud in the UK. Half of this is due to benefit cheats
It has been proven that these cameras don't save lives but gather revenue so why don't the use the thousands of people employed in the speeding gravy train (excuse the pun )
to catch all of the maggots who cost everyone over £600 per year. Remember also that this is only paid by the taxpayer

Steve

skinned knuckles

posted on 25/1/10 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
anyone fancy posting plans for "bond" style flip number plates? I'm sure there is a locost way

A man isn't complete until he's married, then he's finished

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 25/1/10 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Taxation.

It's difficult for the Sheeple to comprehend that there can possibly be a defence against moves for increased surveillance and speeding enforcement, etc.

Taxation.

I'm sure that constant GPS monitoring is only around the corner, hell it'll stop terrorism, dead.

At present, all the crap has been aimed at 2 wheels, the minority. Motorcyclists already have speed cameras especially for them (they don't trigger with cars).

I believe it's the divisional detail that does us no favours, we all need to get back together as 'road-users', etc., reclaim Society, regain the idea of Tolerance..... I'm ranting, sorry.

Worry not, Gordon's thought police will be at the door soon, I'll be silenced.

rf900rush

posted on 25/1/10 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
What we need is a massive solar flair, which screws everything electric up.
I think our technology is great, but in many case use for the wrong reasons.
It's not just speed cameras used for the wrong reasons.

And surley if the majority of us are over the speed limit, is'nt the speed limit too low.

Whats the point of a dual carrage way road set to 40, when 30 years ago it was 70 and cars were no ware as good as now.

ianclark1275

posted on 25/1/10 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
i think they are supposed to increase capacity, as we drive closer together at 50mph and therefore extend time before making more roads.

however, turn on at 730 and off at 1800 when its actually needed.

then if you want to put your heavy boots on you still can.

measure twice, cut once, scrap it, start again.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.