Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: haynes roadster chassis
mad_dogpompey

posted on 27/1/10 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
haynes roadster chassis

Really do not want to have to sell this but A year after deciding I was going to build a second car I haven t had the money nor the time to make a decent start on it.

Although this was going to be a BEC the chassis is untouched so can be a BEC or CEC. The tunnel is wide enough for whatever you want to put in it!

Although it is a haynes roadster chassis it is a proffesionally built chassis with unique suspension.
The front has inboard suspension, a bar meats a rocker and the suspension coil is inboard alot better than standard. The rear suspension is also special it does not only have camber adjustment it has toe in and toe out adjustment.
The rear uprights are for discs not drums.
also included are the suspension bushes.

For normal haynes roadster prices not including the extras you ll be looking at:-
Chassis £600
Wish bones £435
Uprights £110
Bushes £100
Top adjusters £25

So this lot is worth about £1170 pounds.

And i m looking for £550 ovno.

The only problem is i m missing one of the front top suspension rockers which you can either get from 3ge or have one made up! my local workshops said they d do it for 40 pounds!

This is a pretty much a one of and was also displayed at a few of the shows last year by triton! Just add a donor a a few other parts and you ve got a massive head start! i ll even throw the book in!

Its located in portsmouth and my number is 07786968088.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

ashg

posted on 28/1/10 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
this is the old 3ge demonstrator chassis.

i can vouch for its quality as i had the joy of standing next to it for 2days at Exeter show 2 years ago when it was just freshly built.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

l0rd

posted on 28/1/10 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad_dogpompey

Chassis £600
Wish bones £435
Uprights £110
Bushes £100
Top adjusters £25

So this lot is worth about £1170 pounds.

And i m looking for £550 ovno.

Somehow, these don't add up to 1170 pounds

1270 sounds better.

mad_dogpompey

posted on 28/1/10 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
sorry was a late one last night!!!! yeh the quality is second to none! and who ever does end up getting it will have a narhain because i don t want much more than the wish bones are worth new!
jmh

posted on 29/1/10 at 02:13 AM Reply With Quote
Wow,

I cannot believe that someone hasn't snapped your arm off for this at that price.

Have to admit that I would definitely have been one to purchase, but unfortunately all my spare cash for this month has gone to Mr Taxman

But best of luck with the sale

mad_dogpompey

posted on 29/1/10 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
cheers mate i m in no great rush to sell it bad time of year just after xmas! not going to let it go for stupidly low money! someone will have it sooner or later! know the feeling with the tax man! tax doesn t have to be taxing my ass!

quote:
Originally posted by jmh
Wow,

I cannot believe that someone hasn't snapped your arm off for this at that price.

Have to admit that I would definitely have been one to purchase, but unfortunately all my spare cash for this month has gone to Mr Taxman

But best of luck with the sale

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.