Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes Roadster chassis wish bones and uprights!
mad_dogpompey

posted on 21/2/10 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes Roadster chassis wish bones and uprights!

Second attempt at selling this was almost sold but the guy had to pull out because I think his wife put her foot down! (know the feeling we ve all been there)!

Firstly it is located in Portsmouth but I m more than happy to hire a trailer and deliver it for free if it goes for the asking price!

Really do not want to have to sell this but a year after deciding I was going to build a second car I haven t had the money nor the time to make a decent start on it.

Although this was going to be a BEC the chassis is untouched so can be a BEC or CEC. The tunnel is wide enough for whatever you want to put in it!

Although it is a haynes roadster chassis it is a professionally built chassis with unique suspension.
The front has inboard suspension, a bar meats a rocker and the suspension coil is inboard a lot better than standard. The rear suspension is also special it does not only have camber adjustment it has toe in and toe out adjustment.
The rear uprights are for discs not drums.
Also included are the suspension bushes.

For normal haynes roadster prices not including the extras you ll be looking at:-
Chassis £600
Wish bones £435
Uprights £110
Bushes £100
Top adjusters £25
Roll bar (however much it costs to get one made but expect about £60)

So this lot is worth about £1330 pounds.

And i m looking for £550 ovno.

The only problem is i m missing one of the front top suspension rockers which you can either get from 3ge or have one made up! my local workshops said they d do it for 40 pounds!

This is a pretty much a one of and was also displayed at a few of the shows last year by triton! Just add a donor and a few other parts and you ve got a massive head start! i ll even throw the book in!

Although not shown in the pics the roll bar is included!

Its located in portsmouth and my number is 07786968088.

Its probably best to phone me if I don t answer within a day as I might not be able to get on line. And although I ll deliver for free it ll have to have a deposit down as although I really don t mind putting myself out I don t want to be messed about driving across the country for a ‘errrrrrrrr no don t really want it!’

And finally the last listing link is:- http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=129051

A few guys have vouched for the quality!!!!!

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

mad_dogpompey

posted on 21/2/10 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
pictures

Not to amazing with computers so have not managed to put any pics on here but if your interested send me your email and i ll send you some pictures !
mad_dogpompey

posted on 21/2/10 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
gool old piston heads!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1517478.htm

link to some pics on piston heads!

nick205

posted on 21/2/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
oooh that's a temptation - you're just down the road and I have a half stripped Sierra looking for a purpose in life too.

I fear I'd end up in the same spot though with a half built car and now cash/time to finish it

JEPY

posted on 21/2/10 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Bump to top and good luck. Sorry to mess you around.

Can't tell you how gutted I am. I'd booked day holiday, arranged roof racks and ratchet straps, even got the cash out. But something changed with the better half ( )and I was left in no doubt that if i'd gone I'd probably find the locks changed when I got home!

Hope it goes to good home... tis a bargain.

ashg

posted on 21/2/10 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
this chassis and all the bits with it were made by 3ge and are not to be confused with a normal home built chassis. the chaps that built it are pure artists with metal and a welder.

bargain of the year if you ask me.

[Edited on 21/2/10 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

mad_dogpompey

posted on 21/2/10 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
yeh know that feeling jeppy! i ve got to the point i take the fall out now! she just doesn t talk to me for a few days lol which in some ways is a result because i get some free time! no worries on it though! wouldn t want the guilt on my mind plus you d more than lightly have got hastle when it came to getting the engine and the other big buys! sure you ll get there sooner or later though!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.