Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: paddle shift
tapkutez

posted on 26/2/10 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
paddle shift

Designed paddle shift for my project, will bring drawings next week to one company to manufacture it. So if there are more interested in this it would cost less to make not a one copy of this.

all professionally made from aluminum, mounts in a place of sierra steering column (you need just sierra ball bearings from old column)

Price is around 100 pounds.
Shipping 10 pounds.

[Edited on 26/2/10 by tapkutez] Rescued attachment untitled4.jpg
Rescued attachment untitled4.jpg

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

tomblyth

posted on 27/2/10 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
I made one and put it on mine!

but took it off again! i like a gear stick! you should try one before you spend the money! your design looks good though!

link

SPYDER

posted on 27/2/10 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Just a couple of observations.
The outer curved sections might need making from thicker material than your pic suggests. They could be a bit flexible, which is the last thing you want. Have some made up in various thicknesses to try out. Might I suggest 5mm minimum.
Also, where the bolts are, I would make it wider, a similar width to the curved bits. Again for stiffness.
The thicker centre portion would lend itself to being skeletonised to some degree, or maybe drill holes in it to match the rest. You could put three tapped holes each side to give a degree of adjustability or are you supplying them un-drilled?
I have driven both stick and paddle shifts and much prefer paddle.
We made our paddle shift from titanium, just to be different.
I still have the machining jig lying around if anybody wants it. I'm ( hopefully) never making another.
Geoff.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.