Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Northampton motorsport for bike TB tuning?
stuart_g

posted on 8/3/10 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Northampton motorsport for bike TB tuning?

Has anyone on here had there car running on bike TB's tuned by them? Just wondering what their attitude was towards them in general.
I am looking to get my car RR'd and have spoken to one particular place that when I said that I had bike TB's fitted they said I'd made a mistake and should have fitted Jenvey's, needless to say I have not booked it in with them.
I have read good things about Northampton Motorsport but don't want to pay them £85/hr +VAT if they have the same attitude.

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk/

stevebubs

posted on 8/3/10 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Is Emerald not closer?
flak monkey

posted on 8/3/10 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
If its not on an Emerald ECU, Emerald wont touch it. Or they wouldnt 12 months back anyway, unless things have changed.

Northampton Motorsport say they will tune with Megasquirt. I dont personally know of any one who has used them though.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

stuart_g

posted on 8/3/10 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
I have an Omex ECU and that is what is shown on their website/promotional video.

I tried Emerald when I had a powercommander on my BEC and they said then they only do their own.

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk/

will121

posted on 8/3/10 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
would imagine Northampton Motorsport be ok with it as long as its the ECU software they deal with rather than the use of Motorbike throttle bodies, im sure ive seen previous PPC features wher NMS have reviewed cars with them. although they may still advise could be better with purpose jobies

im in process of buying a emerald ECU and as said they will only map their ECU's

procomp

posted on 8/3/10 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Only issues with NMS is make sure you know exactly what graphs you are looking at. You wouldn't want to get confused between your wheel Hp and your Flywheel Hp graphs.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Trev D

posted on 8/3/10 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i have had my car tuned by NMS and had very good service. We had some probs with MS but sorted it in the end now gone to Omex witch they mapped no probs hope this helps ATB Trev.
iank

posted on 8/3/10 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
iirc Dave Walker (Emerald) wrote something in PPC about bike throttle bodies not being as good as Jenveys, though I can't remember the reasoning.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

perksy

posted on 14/3/10 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Have had Excellent service from NMS in the past

Phone them and ask to speak to Troy

He's very helpful and a wizard with a Laptop

[Edited on 14/3/10 by perksy]

rusty nuts

posted on 15/3/10 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
iirc Dave Walker (Emerald) wrote something in PPC about bike throttle bodies not being as good as Jenveys, though I can't remember the reasoning.

IIRC it was because of some of the linkage mods done to space them to suit car manifolds ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.