Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Lathes and TIGs in Essex
GRRR

posted on 8/3/10 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Lathes and TIGs in Essex

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good machine shop for turning ally bushes and similar, and also someone or somewhere that can do TIG welding in Basildon/Essex??

I'm going to be needing an aluminium manifold welding soon and also some bushes to align the diff in my chassis.

Any help much appreciated!

James

posted on 8/3/10 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Flak Monkey on here does turning for people- although I'm loathe to take his time away when he's meant to be finishing his Duratec install!!!

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ashg

posted on 8/3/10 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
i can do it only down in kent so not to far to come. cant guarantee that my ali welding is the prettiest in the world but its not ugly either.

how many spacers do you want machined up?

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

russbost

posted on 8/3/10 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
J A Dawes Engineering on Manor Trading at Benfleet are excellent people to deal with for all small machining jobs - ask for Alan or John & tell them I sent you!
While you're there drop in & say hello, I'm a mile up the road - you also ought to join the Essex Kitcar Club - new members always welcome!
You have an excellent general workshop/MoT centre available to you if you're near Bas - Amethyst Automotive at Laindon

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
GRRR

posted on 8/3/10 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Cool thanks for the replies, Russ I live in Laindon so will have to bear them in mind! Will take a look at the Essex Kit Car club, be a long time until the car is nearing driving stage though!

ashg thanks for the offer will definitely give you a shout when I know the width I need - think it will be 4 spacers about 16mm thick 10mm hole in the middle but not sure yet, will know this weekend.

I've seen Flak Monkey's website, wish he was closer! although ally spacers won't be too heavy on postage.

johnH20

posted on 8/3/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
There is a guy on the Burnt Mills estate who is absolute magic at all kinds of welding. Hope he will be doing a manifold for me in the next week or so. I know where he is but do not have address details. I will advise after I visit.
flak monkey

posted on 8/3/10 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
I can make you odd ali bushes etc, if you U2U me some details I can give you a price and lead time

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

nike5

posted on 18/3/10 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
JohnH20
are thinking of http://www.haywardandscott.com/
on the burnt mills industrial estate

boggle

posted on 18/3/10 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
i can get ali welding done, but you would need to post your item

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.